Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/5/2003 7:23:43 AM EDT
Around 1990 I bought a new AR-15 at a gun show. It is a 20" A2 with a fixed carry handle and A2 flash suppressor. This model does not have a bayonet lug. I am trying to determine its value. Any ideas? It has been shot very little (Under 200 Rounds)

Thanks
MA6279
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:14:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I've seen them go for $1400-$1600 recently.  The last gun show I was at a guy had one, NIB,  and he wanted $1600 for it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:25:50 AM EDT
[#2]
In mint condition...$1200 to $1400...about $1300 being the average based on what I have seen on Gunbroker and Subguns.

You will get the high end of these figures if you have the box, papers, mags etc.

NIB will bring $1400 to maybe $1600 with the right buyer.

It seems to me more are up for sale now with the fears of whether or not the ban will "live on" some think they better sell now while the value is still high.  Who knows what wil happen.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I also have the same rifle, I just bought it tonight out of the newspaper. I just got on here to post a question about the worth of the gun when I saw yours! My serial number shows it to be a pre-ban st 015###. What can you tell me about the "Sporter target model cal .223" Is it legel to put the 4 position stock on this model?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I really don't know! My main focus was to find out what the weapon was worth, I was contemplating selling this one and  buying a lower and installing a pre ban M4 Flatop complete upper kit with the A2 flash hider and collapsable buttstock which now I know could result in serious consequences. This weapon has the A2 sights, A2 flash suppressor, A2 lower receiver which can't be converted to full auto and the front sight has no bayonet lug. The flash suppressor and pistol grip add up to the 2 evils and if you and I can find out if its legal,damn I'll just have a convertible! One positive though is that mine easily held 1 MOA with the small aperture sight at 100 yards on the bench! It is damn accurate and I would love to scope it and check it out. If only my funds were not limited, I would try to acquire a Trijicon TA-31 and leave well enough alone. Congrats on your purchase, I honestly believe you'll be ecstatic in your choice!

Bet Regards
MACGRE3
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one, a "blue-label" (they may all be blue labels, I'm not sure.) Be careful if you plan to make this into a pre-ban M4gery etc, I believe they have the non-spec pivot holes and such...
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#6]
This is my reason for buying it, to turn it into a preban m4-forgery. Any words of wisdom???
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top