Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2003 7:34:07 AM EDT
How does the firing pin come out?

Field stripped it for the first time.  Pull the bolt from carrier and firing pin remains in carrier. Cleaned and reassembled but how do you get the firing pin out?  Manual does not address this at all.  If this is the way they assemble it might account for firing pin breakage in the FNC.
Anyway, help appreciated, thanks.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#1]
[b] You need to remove the retaining pin on the side of the carrier. Looks like a cotter pin (Don't be fooled its not your normal cotter pin) Pull it out and the firing pin just drops out . [/b]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:31:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's a pic and diagram for you . [url=http://www.ar15.com/content/parts/boltcarrier.html]Carrier[/url] Hope this helps . Good luck
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks slidestop.
But I am talking about an FN FNC rifle.

Been field stripping M16s and AR15's for almost 30 years. Appreciate the help though.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I was wondering whats up with that . I looked at your nic and said hmmmm. That's what I get for assumin you question was AR related hence the AR15 topic board.  Oh well maybe somebody else might need the info. [lol]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Didn't Al Pacino use an FNC in "HEAT"?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Hahahah, everyone's a comedian![):)]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#7]
It's retained by a roll pin in the carrier. You'll have to drift it out. You could do it at the range if you had to, but it would be a little aggravating.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, Jim Dandy.  After I saw this I can understand some of the firing pin breakage issues.
How do you "drift" it out?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#9]
You'll have to use a roll pin punch and a mallet. Chris Barnett should have a good diagram of the FNC and there may be one in that article I sent you. The roll pin is about the same size as the one that retains the gas tube on an AR15.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top