Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2003 3:15:31 AM EDT
To those with the knowledge of the wise.  Please check out the following site.  Scroll down to image of "Desert Auscam kit".  Advise what weapon platform is in pic, Ar10/.308, M4/.223, ect, and what bolt on's are on the weapon.  I think I can make out an Aimpoint Comp ML, OTAL, 203 gr, but that's it.  please check it out an advise.  Yes I want one. http://www.opticsonweb.com/home/store/Lasers/Rifles
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:31:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont see it
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:25:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Lumpy196.  I messed up or the way I left the thread was wrong.  I couldn't open it that way either.  If you can check out where I found the pic on AR15.com, at forums, lights and lasers, a question by "Withdrew" about tac lights.  Scroll down to a reply called "pictures from Iraq".  It should be easy to see there.  If you have time check out the soilder standing in the pic facing the camera with face covered holding a bad little motor scooter with 203 gl mounted and advise.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#3]
[IMG]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=9866[/IMG]

That?

Colt M4 Carbine (yes they use Colt)

M4 Type II enhanced stock

Aimpoint M68 in a Aimpoint QRP Railgrabber mount

Knights RAS forearm with:
  M203 grenade launcher on bottom rail
  grenade launcher sight on top rail
  AN/PEQ-2 IR laser on right rail
  Surefire Classic 6 volt with tip off cover on left

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#4]
They use Colt?

I have seen several posts lately about other countries using the M4 or AR series rifles... even some posts that elude to the reason being that the M4 is a superior weapon to what said foreign country was using previously.

While the M4 is a great weapon, don't take another country using it as a "best of the litter" pick -- There is an often underlying issue, in that a country that receives Foreign Military Support money from the US, can only use that money to purchase equipment that is (to a certain extent) made in the US.

Not saying our friends from down under are in that lot, just wanted to point this out.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Lumpy196,

Thanks for your response.  The people here on AR15 have been generous with their knowledge.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Learned a lot here myself

[beer]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:35:20 PM EDT
[#7]
GREAT PIC!!!!![bounce]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top