Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/1/2003 7:56:19 AM EDT
I finally bought an AR-15 yesterday. I've wanted one of these rifles for years and I ordered a new one yesterday through my FFL guy. Can't wait to get it here and to the range. I bought the XM15 E2S Shorty A3 16" Rifle. I wanted the removable upper for optics later on.
I decided on the Bushmaster over Colt and Armalite. The Bushmasters were a better value for me. I wanted Armalite, but couldn't find one in the config I was looking for and the prices were a lot more than the Bushy.

Well, I look forward to chatting with you guys here on AR15.com and gaining some valuable info from you guys.

Take care,
Andy
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 9:17:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome. [beer]

You got the perfect rifle.  You can't go wrong with a Bushy.  You also made a good choice by getting an M4A3 upper.  You will enjoy it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations !!
I Love my AR15's more than my Wife !!!!!
[:D]
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 11:34:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm sorry, you are not an official BUSHMASTER Owner until you post picture to authenticate your purchase.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Great choice of brand and configuration.  If I could only have one AR, a Bushy 16" A3 would be it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks fellas. When I get her home I'll snap a few photos for you. I did alot of research and reading before I bought it. I lurked around here and read as much as I could before making a decision. The info here was very helpful when deciding on  the barrel lenght. Also which sight config to get. A2, A3, A4 uppers and what the differences were. Glad I read up here before. Made the choice a bit easier to make. Bushy was the choice with 16" barrel and A3 style sights.

Take care,
Andy  
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats!
I got my 1st Bushy last Thursday and took it to the range on Tuesday and had a blast. Get yourself ready for a whole lot of fun.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Must
Buy
Ammo [:D]

Did you get a brake on it?  Which stock?  Bought a buncha mags for it yet?
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the same gun, but in A2 configuration. At the time I bought it, I didn't know much about ar's. I wish I had gotten it in A3.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 1:14:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats!! I have one just like the one you have on order, only mine is in the process of being M4ized. I LOVE IT! Most accurate gun I have ever owned. You might as well go ahead & start an extra savings account just for your new AR, because not only do they like to eat bullets, they love to eat money also!
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#10]
...they also like to have "buddies" in the safe with them, as well as like having lots of nice stuff added onto them.

I didn't know that this was a disease when I got into AR's.  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Great choice.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:14:54 PM EDT
[#12]
My dealer is supposed to get a V match tomorrow for me. My first one also...wanted one for years. Called Bushmaster and ordered "stuff" for it. Wait until my wife sees our visa card..."holy crap" is she gonna blow a gasket!I know next to nothing about ARs but this site looks like a great place to learn. Plan on shooting it Sat., have 400 rds. coming too, a new scope to mount, and lots of goddies to go w/it. Looks like I'll need to get out of retirement, get a job and start feeding this new "pet" I am acquiring.I reload, but I think I will reload only for varmint hunting, and buy ammo by the case for play time. Got the 20" barrel.May have gotten a 16" but dealer says he could only get a 20' on short notice (snap decision after doing homework on brands)and I'm already waiting for another gun for a month now.

Great board...I look forward to visiting here often.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I just got the same rifle a few weeks ago.Too bad I can't afford more ammo or optics right now. Its an awesome rifle.

Link Posted: 5/1/2003 7:00:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
...they also like to have "buddies" in the safe with them, as well as like having lots of nice stuff added onto them.

I didn't know that this was a disease when I got into AR's.  [;)]
View Quote

Hey Edge767:

It has buudies in the safe. I also own a FN-FAL, AK-47, Perban Mini-14, Remington 12 gauge, a 16 gauge, and a Glock 30. I think it will adjust to the extra firepower just fine.LOL

Take care,
Andy
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 7:04:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Someone asked about the stock. It's the regular style buttstock. I didn't really care to much for the pinned tactical stock. If the tactical stock could be the adjustable style instead of the pinned I would have gotten it. The pinned stock just didn't seem that comfortable to shoot for an extended amount of time, so I got the regular style buttstock with the storage space in the rear.

Andy
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Congratulations--Excellent choice for your 1st AR. Shoot straight and be safe. Let's see those pics.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Going to take my new Bushy to the range tomorrow
and shoot some ammo. Haven't shot the beauty yet, but tomorrow I will break it in. Anything I need to be concerned with? Does the barrel need to be "broken" in, or can I just shoot some rounds and clean it when I get home? I'll let you guys know how it does.

AN
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:02:45 PM EDT
[#18]
i bought the same thing.........damn i cant wait for it to get here ........damn its not here yet!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Welcome to the Bushed League.
My Bushmaster was bought used; the former owner having built it from a kit.  After a bit of tweaking from a Gunsmith it shot TIGHT holes at 200.  Just keep Wolf ammo away from it.
And if I hadn’t of had a terminal case of the Class III bug, I would still have it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:14:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Someone asked about the stock. It's the regular style buttstock. I didn't really care to much for the pinned tactical stock. If the tactical stock could be the adjustable style instead of the pinned I would have gotten it. The pinned stock just didn't seem that comfortable to shoot for an extended amount of time, so I got the regular style buttstock with the storage space in the rear.

Andy
View Quote

Now you need the "ACE ARFX" skeleton stock !!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:34:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Congrats!  Now ammo lot's and lot's of ammo.

Excellent first rifle!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:00:33 AM EDT
[#22]
It took my FFL over 3 weeks to get my Bushy. For some reason the A3 style rifles are hard to get at the moment, but he found one and now I'm the owner. I really like the simplicity of the rifle. Easy to break down and take apart. It's as easy as my FN-FAL to break down and clean.
Can't wait to get it to the range this weekend.

Take care guys,
AN
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:03:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My Bushmaster was bought used; the former owner having built it from a kit.  After a bit of tweaking from a Gunsmith it shot TIGHT holes at 200.  Just keep Wolf ammo away from it.
And if I hadn’t of had a terminal case of the Class III bug, I would still have it.
View Quote

I've read Wolf ammo is ok to use, but dirty. I've read it here on this board even. What's wrong with it?

AN
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:08:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Hey w30olds...

COngratulations on your first Bushmaster. i just this week bought my first Bushy, too. an XM15 E2S A3 20" heavy barrel. If you remember, you are the one who gave me the specific instructions on the best way to refinish my AK's. Anyways, congrats on the new Bushy and lets see pics. As soon as i am able to i will post pics of mine.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:37:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hey w30olds...

COngratulations on your first Bushmaster. i just this week bought my first Bushy, too. an XM15 E2S A3 20" heavy barrel. If you remember, you are the one who gave me the specific instructions on the best way to refinish my AK's. Anyways, congrats on the new Bushy and lets see pics. As soon as i am able to i will post pics of mine.
View Quote

Hey Red_Orchestra:

Sure I know who you are. From AK-47.net. Say how did your AK project out? Mine looked awesome until I used bore cleaner on it. Finish peeled off like a cheap suit. All that time and only seconds to be removed. Ohh well. Congrats on your AR purchase as well. I'll try the pic thing sometime soon.

Take care,
w30olds
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:18:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Good choice. I bought the same configuration and received it last week. Went thru a friend's FFL and got a real good deal, including 1/2 case of ammo. I was looking for the A-2, but none to be found. Glad I got this one instead!Sighted it in at the 300 recommended range. Prints 3" groups at 100 meters. I need recommendations on red dot optics. My old eyes see double at about any range, getting worse the further away.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Hey Red_Orchestra:

Sure I know who you are. From AK-47.net. Say how did your AK project out? Mine looked awesome until I used bore cleaner on it. Finish peeled off like a cheap suit. All that time and only seconds to be removed. Ohh well. Congrats on your AR purchase as well. I'll try the pic thing sometime soon.

Take care,
w30olds
View Quote

If you look at my website, you'll see the new finish. Luckily mine has stayed pretty much exactly the way it was after I finished it. I also put on a ton of paint. Please remember to take some pictures of your new Bushy. I do believe you bought the same thing I did, only with a 16" barrel. Have you shot it yet? Let me know how it does.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I've read Wolf ammo is ok to use, but dirty. I've read it here on this board even. What's wrong with it?

AN
View Quote

1)They stink to High Heaven.  This is ALWAYS the case with steel cartridges.[fart]
2)The lacquer coating from the cartridges can melt when you have a little too much fun on the range.  This is Extremely hard to clean up afterwards.[furious]

Outside of those two little problems, there is nothing to keep you from enjoying your new baby.
By the way, some people claim the steel hurts small things like extractors and such, but I’ve never had those problems.
Enjoy your foundling.[baby]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:39:43 AM EDT
[#29]

THIS IS MY RIFLE.

THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT, BUT THIS ONE IS MINE. MY RIFLE IS MY BEST FRIEND. IT IS MY LIFE. I MUST MASTER IT AS I MASTER MY LIFE.

MY RIFLE, WITHOUT ME IS USELESS. WITHOUT MY RIFLE, I AM USELESS. I MUST FIRE MY RIFLE TRUE. I MUST SHOOT STRAIGHTER THAN MY ENEMY WHO IS TRYING TO KILL ME. I MUST SHOOT HIM BEFORE HE SHOOTS ME. I WILL...

MY RIFLE AND MYSELF KNOW THAT WHAT COUNTS IN THIS WAR IS NOT THE ROUNDS WE FIRE, THE NOISE OF OUR BURST, NOR THE SMOKE WE MAKE. WE KNOW THAT IT IS THE HITS THAT COUNT. WE WILL HIT...

MY RIFLE IS HUMAN, EVEN AS I, BECAUSE IT IS MY LIFE. THUS, I WILL LEARN IT AS A BROTHER. I WILL LEARN ITS WEAKNESS, ITS STRENGTH, ITS PARTS, ITS ACCESSORIES, ITS SIGHTS AND BARREL. I WILL KEEP MY RIFLE CLEAN AND READY, EVEN AS I AM CLEAN AND READY. WE WILL BECOME PART OF EACH OTHER. WE WILL...

BEFORE GOD I SWEAR THIS CREED. MY RIFLE AND MYSELF ARE THE DEFENDERS OF MY COUNTRY. WE ARE THE MASTERS OF OUR ENEMY. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY LIFE.

SO BE IT, UNTIL VICTORY IS AMERICA'S AND THERE IS NO ENEMY, BUT PEACE.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top