Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2003 10:56:07 AM EDT
Anybody going to the next show? May 3rd and 4th, at the Farm Show building. I'll be there. Anybody want to meet up?
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 3:01:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I am planning on going. Are you still going to be there? I am hoping to find some good deals on ammo.
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 3:10:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Is that the really big one?
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 3:41:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Yea, thats the big one. And yea, I'm going. A couple of us from the State College area are going Saturday. I'll be looking for a few accessories for my Carby. Can't wait.[:P]
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 3:44:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, let's figure out a time and a place to meet. I have to drive up from Philly and I have never been to Harrisburg before. I might bring some of the guys I am going to OCS with to the show.
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 5:26:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I expect to be there Sat from before opening to about 1PM.  I hope they have it in the new building.

Noah
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 5:49:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll probably be there in the morning. We could possibly meet in the new lobby at the base of the escalators at a set time. Seeing as how some of us will be arriving at different times, how about we tape a sign on our backs that says ar15.com while walking around or something like that? Any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.nep.net/~maacpsse/maac.html[/url]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Any other suggestions?
View Quote

I posted a similiar thread on the hometown site. I suggested 12 noon at the concession stand just inside the old main entrance. How's that sound to you guys.

Tom
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll be there as well.
Bald, 6'5" and weeeping as I sell my last Preban Colt...
[:)>]
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 12:54:18 AM EDT
[#10]
1200 by the old consession stand sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 3:35:59 AM EDT
[#11]
That sounds fine to me too. I only hope I can make it now. There's some boubt now, but I'll do my best to make it. I don't want to miss another big one.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:45:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Not sure what day I'll be there but I'll be in a black HK "stop-sign" T-shirt.  If there's any doubt, look for the shaggy-haired guy with the short barreled 9mm M16 slung over his shoulder.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:05:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Dumb Question. Is it kosher to bring a firearm to sell, even though you're not a vendor? I want to sell one of my two 16" CAR's.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:28:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes, you can walk around w/the gun slung on your shoulder.

Make a little flag that says FOR SALE and place it in the end of the barrel
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:28:43 AM EDT
[#15]
[url]http://www.nep.net/~maacpsse/maac.html[/url]
All firearms transfers must be done through Pennsylvania or National Instant Check.        Even if you deal with a private collector-- someone will be on  hand to run   your transaction through a buyer's background check.  It is done for the  protection  of  all parties involved in the transaction.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:44:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Cool. I'll bring it. I think I'll put a yellow zip tie through the action, so as to keep the appearance of safety. Thanks for the info guys.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:56:41 AM EDT
[#17]
CWD10 -

Don't worry about the zip tie - they'll check and supply them at the door.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 6:19:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks..  [:E]  [beathorse]
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I will have one of those tags that say "HI! My name is....AR15.COM"

Or some other silly shit.

1200, concession stand at the old building or if it is in the new building at the base of the escalotors.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 8:07:38 AM EDT
[#20]
I live in the area and have been attending the Dec. & May gunshows at the Farm Show for about 20 yrs. They started hosting a militaria show in the past few years. I also went to that one a couple of months ago and they held it in the new arena. It is much roomier and cleaner and the lighting is also better. Lots of room for the aisles for walking, no huge girders to squeeze by.For last December's show, the new arena was not open yet.
I would be very surprised if they held this event in the old Farm show venue.
HTH
Mike
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 8:41:03 AM EDT
[#21]
I agree. I work for Penn State, and we were there for the Farm Show in January. The new Main Arena was open, and in full use. I seriously doubt that they will still use the old one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#22]
If I can get my lazy butt up [:)], I
should be there well before noon saturday.

look for my ugly mug

[img]http://compjrk.home.mindspring.com/jrk.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I should be there on Sunday, relatively early.

After last months Davis Outfitters show in the new building I doubt that MAAC will have their show in the old building.  

Old building / 12:00 noon / Concession Stand

New Building / 12:00 noon /
Behind ticket stand and in front of hall doors?

I'll be wearing an "H&K International Counter-Terrorism Team" shirt and will probably be carriing the M-700 .300 Win Mag that I have for sale in the [url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=93&t=162659]Equiptment Exchange[/url].

I'll try to remember a "Mario_FAMOInc" name tag.

Link Posted: 5/3/2003 10:36:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I wasn't gonna go, but decided to make the trek.   I haven't been to one of the "big" shows there in a couple of years - this one seemed smaller than last time.  I got there at just about 9AM and left around 11:30.  There didn't seem to be that many people there - there was a bigger crowd at the combined militaria/gunshow a month or so ago.

Didn't see too many deals.  Lots of ar-15 parts/uppers guys there - M&A & Sherluck being two of the bigger ones.  Saw a pair of supposedly preban Oly's at one table for 1K each - they didn't have the "stop sign" lowers though, who knows if they were really preban.  One guy was selling H&K pistol mags for [b]really[/b] cheap.  Most notably, preban, unmarked USP 9mm mags for $30/ea - both the white and black ones.  Wish I had a USP in 9mm - hell, I was thinking about buying them all to resell.  Also remember P7M13 mags for $75, USP 9mm postbans for $20 (but why buy these when prebans only $10 more).  He had others as well, all cheap.

Didn't see much 7.62x51, which was what I was looking for.  A couple of smaller ammo guys had the 140rd SA battlepacks for around $25/ea, but that's all I noticed. Wasn't looking for 5.56, but that seemed scarce as well - nothing certainly jumped out at me.

Lots of NFA stuff, but I didn't look too closely - why torture myself?  One guy had a bunch of police trade in 870's - $145 for fixed stock, $190 for top folders.   Almost picked up one of the fixed stocked ones for the heck of it, but decided against it in the end.

Didn't really see any mag deals, but I wasn't really looking.  Big Sky Surplus had lots of neat (big!) demilled ordnance, but I don't need any more "junk" cluttering up the house.  Not much of the cheap Century stuff - a smattering of AK's - very few CETME's and FAL's, looks like they may be getting to the end of these.

That's about all I can think of now... $5 parking, $7 admission, it was in the old building...

Rocko
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Mediocre show. Was not as busy as prior shows, and there weren't as many good deals.

All one could find in 7.62x39 was Wolf/Silver bear, which my friend didn't want, and a so-so selection on 5.56 ammo.  

AR mag deals were non-existent, prices were high, but there were alot of AR's around, more than I usually see, I think.

I did alright, nothing fantastic, but worth the trip.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Alright show, bought a few things I needed here and there for my new AR. Got there around 9:30 and left at 1. Met a few AR15.Com members, had a nice talk. Wish I could have met more. It got really busy when I left.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I was there, tried to find you guys @ noon, but didn't see anybody.

Not nearly as a good a show as the one about a month ago.

Still, I did find some deals and parted with some cash.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Geez, I'm glad now that I decided last evening to blow it off.  After a LOOOONG week I didn't feel like driving 3 hrs one way.

The PGCA show is also this weekend in Monroeville, east of PGH.  There are several dealers that from the PGH area that also set up in HBG, and my guess is that they stayed close to home.

Nice day, so I tuned up the mowers, reputtied several windows and planted some myrtle on an embankment above the stone wall in the back yard.

And it felt good.

Noah
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:50:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Sorry we missed you. We met out in front of where they herded you in.

Maybe some other time.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I went today (Sunday) and met Shaggy and some others there.  We hung out at the concession stand around noon wearing our ARFCOM name tags in case any of you guys were there, but no-one showed.  

I sold my Hart modified Remington M-700 .300 WinMag at 3:45pm right before the show ended.  It was a back and forth bicker for about 3 hours before he came up to my price.  I'm feeling bad about letting it go, but determined to spend the money!

BTW, rocko, that guy with the cheap H&K mags was Jim Schatz of H&K and SAR magazine article reknown.  We BS-ed with him for about 40 minutes, pretty cool guy.  

Ray Carmichael had a belt-fed PK post sample on his table and promised to let us shoot it this summer.  

Shaggy didn't get his M-16 RDIAS/Oly/Colt 635 sold but overall it was a good show for us.

Mario
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I thought it was a pretty decent show despite the fact it was small in comparison to most other Harrisburg shows I've seen.

As Mario said, meeting Jim Schatz from HK was a real treat.  A great guy with a vast wealth of info.  I'm going to have to go back and re-read all the SAR articles he wrote now.

There were some real deals too.  Saw a beautiful Valmet RPK (full auto) in .308 for $7500.  Also saw a really good deal on a Hart precision rifle.

(Sorry Mario, had to say it...)

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 1:47:49 AM EDT
[#32]
That's o.k. Shaggy...
I'm sure you will not turn down the opportunity to shoot my new Krink when I get it!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:52:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
BTW, rocko, that guy with the cheap H&K mags was Jim Schatz of H&K and SAR magazine article reknown.  We BS-ed with him for about 40 minutes, pretty cool guy.  
View Quote

LOL, I guess that was why I didn't see an 12 rd .45 USP mags for sale - glad I didn't ask!  Or perhaps I wish I did (or know it was him) - I would like to have discussed whether or not HK-O ever [i]manufactured[/i] any USP .45 mags prior to the AWB.  His submission to SAR just states that HK-USA never imported any themselves...

Rocko
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

There were some real deals too.  Saw a beautiful Valmet RPK (full auto) in .308 for $7500.  Also saw a really good deal on a Hart precision rifle.

View Quote

Did you happen to catch who had that RPK for sale?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top