Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/22/2003 7:12:24 AM EDT
This might be considered wastin space but...I caught a rerun of 3000 miles to graceland last night and MAn! full auto ar's with beta drums! sweet! What are some of your guys favorite movies with AR's in action?....UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Best AR Movie is HEAT.
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 7:28:21 AM EDT
[#2]
#1 - Heat
#2 - Blackhawk Down
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#3]
This is off the topic but I remember a movie where the bad guys have muzzle suppresed full-auto's that sounded like integrally suppressed .22's.  I've heard an AR with a high quality muzzle suppresor and it was pretty loud.

Also I love when the guy pulls the trigger on a full-auto and it goes clickclickclickclickclick. The he turns the safety off.  

-DEERSNIPER
[sniper]
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#4]
HEAT...
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I will second Black Hawk Down. Great movie. Am I way off or did they shoot their M-4's in semi-auto mode for that movie? Those mini-guns mounted on those Hughes 500 helicopters (don't know what the military designation is) were simply awesome. Talk about spray...

Also, We Were Soldiers was great too. I even love the M16-related scenes from Forrest Gump and Platoon (though it's hard for me to watch a movie starring the son of such a wacko lib peacenik). It's all good as long as it's got an M16/AR15 in it though...
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe that the sound effects of the M16/AR15 are added later.  The acutal sound of a gun going off in a movie is pretty dull.
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 9:37:20 AM EDT
[#7]
IIRC, the sound effects, the muzzle flash as well as the "ejected" cases are all added via digital animation on the newer movies.  I read somewhere that in the filming of We Were Soldiers, the majority of the M16's and AK's were of the dummy variety since all the "effects" were to be added by the computer.

Kind of dampens the effect when watching...
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#8]
"The Postman".
Seems like everybody in future (Post-Apocalyptic) America will have one.  And I'm all for that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Heat(Shitloads of M4's and Galils.. what more could you ask for?), Platoon, Full Metal Jacket.
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"The Postman".
Seems like everybody in future (Post-Apocalyptic) America will have one.  And I'm all for that.
View Quote

Why not, if the shtf ima raid the local armory,,They got a couple nice hummers with the TOW missle jobs on em [:D]...Btw any one seen Omega man..?Its an OLD movie buncha mutants and only one fine sister running around he doesnt have a Ar (some kinda cheesy subgun) but it was kinda cool..........UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, omega man kicks ass.
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 11:28:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Predator AR;s HK's and a mini gun. Jake
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#13]
In addition to the mentioned:

End sequence in Proof Of Life

Link Posted: 1/22/2003 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Good AR Movies:  Heat, Blackhawk Down

Bad AR Movies:  watch Gary Goldman NOT penetrate the skin of 'Air Force One' with his M-4 (almost as believable as Arnold's .50 DE bullets not going through the jet's walls in 'Eraser'.

Link Posted: 1/22/2003 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Red_Label  The helo is the AH-6 Loch.  TF160th still flys them.  My picks are Blackhawk Down (trained soldiers shoot semi and use sights), HEAT and Linda Hamlton in T2.  We Were Soldiers has my pick for Sam Elliots use of a 1911!

De Oppresso Liber
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#16]
There's a few scenes in Tom Clancy's "A Clear and Present Danger" that are pretty good as well.
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 1:47:03 PM EDT
[#17]
One scene in "The Bourne Identity" had some pretty cool Dissipators if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Red_Label  The helo is the AH-6 Loch.  TF160th still flys them.  My picks are Blackhawk Down (trained soldiers shoot semi and use sights), HEAT and Linda Hamlton in T2.  We Were Soldiers has my pick for Sam Elliots use of a 1911!

De Oppresso Liber
View Quote

The Vietnam era OH-6 was called the "Loach"

The newer AH-6J and MH-6J are called Little Birds.
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Everytime I watch HEAT, I wanna go out and commit felonies. Some nice shots of an HK-91 too!
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#20]
'We Were Soldiers' is another good one.

Col. Moore, played by Mel Gibson, is being charged by a VC, intent on bayonetting him, and he fires his M16 from the hip, and 'dimpled' the VC soldier right above the eyes.

Maybe it wasn't real, but it was AWESOME!
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#21]
HEAT
Link Posted: 1/22/2003 6:49:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yes, omega man kicks ass.
View Quote

yeah, Charlton Heston when he was still all there. But, I'll admit it, for someone who has been through as much as he has, hes in better shape than I would be. That was a good movie though, I want his garage.
Link Posted: 1/23/2003 5:23:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
"The Postman".
View Quote

Don't forget about M-14's.  At the end of the movie, the Postmans Army was almost entirely armed with M-14's.

Like many others, I thought Heat was a great AR movie, as well as Black Hawk Down and We Were Soldiers.

Brad
Link Posted: 1/23/2003 5:31:49 AM EDT
[#24]
If anyone was unfortunate enough to watch Bloodwork (Clint Eastwood), the only redeeming factor was a very short AR used by the serial killer in the end of the movie.

Anyone catch a glimps of this?  Appears to be a RRA from the raised upper receiver (paused the DVD about 10 times as this was the only good part of the crappyass movie - what happened to Clint the Squint?).
Link Posted: 1/23/2003 6:32:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Anyone notice in The Bourne Identity the lack of any sighting system on some of the ARs?  There is one at the embassy, a flatop, no front sight or rear, and no glass.  The suppresor on the "sniper rifle" at the end is also pretty damn cheesy.  It's a float tube wrapped in foam.  You can see the barrel nut at the muzzle where they just slip it over the end.  I thought the movie was decent, but they either did not listen to the armorer or they got a moron when they hired one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2003 8:10:12 AM EDT
[#26]
How bout the Matrix? Or Commando where Arnold blasts 40 + rounds thru a M16A1 with a 20rd mag.Ok here`s one for ya what was the first movie to star an AR?Hope someone here knows cause I don`t.
Link Posted: 1/23/2003 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#27]
There was a brief scene using AR's in the movie "My Science Project".
Link Posted: 1/23/2003 8:20:52 AM EDT
[#28]
How about "The Green Berets" where John Wayne broke the M16 in half by smacking it against the tree?

The "Planet of the Apes" movie that told the story of how the apes took over the world (can't remember the exact title).  There were many M16A1's used in that movie.

Link Posted: 1/23/2003 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ok here`s one for ya what was the first movie to star an AR?Hope someone here knows cause I don`t.
View Quote

[i]Seven Days in May[/i], 1964. The scene where the senator and the SF officer ( don't recall his rank but Andrew Duggan was the actor ) escape from the ECOMCON base. An "M16" is seen briefly in silhouette and Duggan clocks the guard with it. No telling if it was an SP1 or a 604.
Link Posted: 1/23/2003 6:14:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Although they weren't AR's the M1 Garands in Band of Brothers get me fired up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2003 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Blade II had a buncha ARs in it, most of em with enough shit hanging off of 'em to double the weight.  One dude had an AR with a Beta C.  That looks like a kinda fun deal.
The Matrix had lots of good AR action it it. I can't wait for the sequal to come out in April or May.  I am a big science fiction fan and IMHO the Matrix is one of the best Sci-fi movies to come out in years.  
Here's some trivia for ya, What was the pistol Mark Walburg (sic?) used in the new Planet of the Apes?
Link Posted: 1/24/2003 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Carrie Fisher in the "Blue Brothers"![ROFL2]

-my vote for "greatest" scene, is the house being shot to pieces in Clint Eastwood's "the Gauntlet", lots( and lots) of M-16's. Early style, 3 prong FH's & triangle HG's.
Link Posted: 1/24/2003 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#33]
scarface?
Link Posted: 1/24/2003 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How bout the Matrix? Or Commando where Arnold blasts 40 + rounds thru a M16A1 with a 20rd mag.Ok here`s one for ya what was the first movie to star an AR?Hope someone here knows cause I don`t.
View Quote

how about that part when he drops the M16A1 as he is getting in the elivator and the barrel and flash hider bend because its RUBBER! lol
Link Posted: 1/24/2003 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#35]
In Predator, if you look close, both Billy and Dutch have A1s. Billy's has A2 furniture, though.

End sequence in Proof Of Life = Sweetness.

James Bond: Goldeneye (I think), in the opening sequence, when he's raiding the enemy airbase, he has some shorty AR variant. You can just barely see it. No handguards. Strange front sight, gas tube, thick barrel goes thin. And he shoots from the hip 20,000 rounds accurately, and the anti-aircraft bullets from the machine guns just bounce off the skin of the trainer jet he steals.
Link Posted: 1/25/2003 3:08:00 AM EDT
[#36]
3000 Miles to Graceland (robbery) C-mags, yum
Heat
Blackhawk Down
End of Proof of Life
Link Posted: 1/25/2003 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/25/2003 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#38]
I just rented Heat after reading this thread last night. I'd seen the movie before but it's been years....

Wow, I forgot how good that movie is. The scene where they are running on foot with bags of $$ and AR's is wicked. I found myself rooting for the bad guys.
Link Posted: 1/25/2003 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#39]
I was in the Video store last night.

After seeing a video box showing Dolph Lundgren in "Blackjack", I started looking at the jacket.  Then I started laughing my ass off - he's holding an AR with the mag in upsidedown.  Feed lips and all facing the ground. [ROFL]

Decided to get something else.
Link Posted: 1/25/2003 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/25/2003 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
James Bond: Goldeneye (I think), in the opening sequence, when he's raiding the enemy airbase, he has some shorty AR variant. You can just barely see it. No handguards. Strange front sight, gas tube, thick barrel goes thin. And he shoots from the hip 20,000 rounds accurately, and the anti-aircraft bullets from the machine guns just bounce off the skin of the trainer jet he steals.
View Quote

You need to watch that again.  Bond has a Krinkov, which is a cut-down AK-74.

-Troy
View Quote

I think he means the start sequence in Tomorrow Never Dies.

I believe it was an AR-18 variant judging from some details.
Link Posted: 1/25/2003 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#42]
US marshalls has a pretty cool schene of an m4-type weapon. Not too bad if you can put up with the glock talk for 2 hours :)

proof of life did have a pretty wild ending to it :)

if i remember 3 kings wasnt horrible either.
Link Posted: 1/25/2003 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Dawn of the Dead.
Link Posted: 1/25/2003 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I once saw a super cheesy sci-fi movie where they used Ar's painted silver, & took the hand gaurds off to look futuristic, I can't remember what it was called though. Pretty funny
My pick would be WE WERE SOILDERS. Movies like this along with,Patriot,Saving Pvt. Ryan,Blackhawk Down,Gettysburg should be shown in school during history class if their not already.
Link Posted: 1/25/2003 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I once saw a super cheesy sci-fi movie where they used Ar's painted silver, & took the hand gaurds off to look futuristic, I can't remember what it was called though. Pretty funny
My pick would be WE WERE SOILDERS. Movies like this along with,Patriot,Saving Pvt. Ryan,Blackhawk Down,Gettysburg should be shown in school during history class if their not already.
View Quote

Id guess the movie was Escape from New York?
Link Posted: 1/25/2003 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#46]
C’mon no bites on Marky Mark’s gun in POTA?  I can’t be the only one who said HEY! That’s an old xxxxxxx.

The cover of the Blackjack movie wasn’t clear but the mags weren’t jungle clipped were they?  Dolph Lundgren has to be one of the worst actors ever.

Errorz, the first half of 3 Kings was great, I nearly put myself in the hospital laughing when the cow blew up, but after that it slowed down, a lot.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2003 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Id guess the movie was Escape from New York?
View Quote

No it was a low budget 70's style sci-fi laugher.
Link Posted: 1/25/2003 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Escape From New York did that same thing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2003 7:21:54 AM EDT
[#49]
I didn't know that. I'll watch it next time I spot it on cable. Wow only one more post and this file is a hot topic. Not bad for a topic that Underdog75 thought might be a waste of space!
Link Posted: 1/26/2003 7:37:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If anyone was unfortunate enough to watch Bloodwork (Clint Eastwood), the only redeeming factor was a very short AR used by the serial killer in the end of the movie.

Anyone catch a glimps of this?  Appears to be a RRA from the raised upper receiver (paused the DVD about 10 times as this was the only good part of the crappyass movie - what happened to Clint the Squint?).
View Quote

what happened to him you ask? he turned 70+ years old !!  the movie isnt as bad as you think.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top