Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/10/2003 9:36:00 AM EDT
I've got a BM postban with maybe 3-5K rounds through it. It's been sluggish, lately, in stripping rounds off the mag. Not short-stroking; it's just as likely to do so when using the bolt-release. Seems worse with new mags that have stronger springs. Also, when comparing it to my other BM (preban/telestock)it just doesn't seem to have as much "oomph". Like I can slowly lower the charging handle and strip a round about halfway with the preban, then let go of the charging handle and the round will chamber. With the rifle in question, it hangs up(doing this with snap-caps BTW if anyone is getting nervous reading). Anyone think a new recoil spring will help? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, sounds like you gotta weak spring.  They might have installed one that was a little on the short side, and that might do it.  I would think they last longer than 5K rounds.  Once in a while you do get a bad one..I'm sure they didn't install a bad one on purpose.  Also check to see if the carrier is dragging on something..and that both bolts on top are tight.   Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Already checked the key/bolts and they're tight. Carrier and bolt run smooth as silk. Pass the maintenance test of drop and lock into place (from whatever disance/angle spec'ed in the manual)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top