Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2003 7:34:29 PM EDT
How many of you use a bore snake to clean your AR-15. It seems like a good fast way to do the job. Or is it a short cut that should not be taken?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm very happy with boresnakes. I think they're the best thing since sliced bread[^]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:40:48 PM EDT
[#2]
The boresnake is great because it is fast and convenient.  I save it for just range use, though.  I keep an Otis kit for thorough cleanings.  The boresnake makes a great complement for a full cleaning kit.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I love my boresnake. It makes the trip to the range much better. Great invention. I have one for my Mosin-nagant as well. Get one, you wont regret it.
Austin
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 11:19:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, great invention.  Just be sure to get the one w/ the bronze bristles woven into it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 2:41:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I just got my .22 bore snake yesterday.  Works great.  Fired about 160 rounds and a couple passes with the boresnake and the bore is shiny again.  Been using the .30 bore snake a lot in Mosin Nagant, Garands, AK's, and a .308 Mauser action.  Makes cleaning a lot easier.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:51:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I like a boresnake for a quick pass at the range. I use my Dewey rod when I get home for a thorough cleaning.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:15:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Bore-Snakes are great for a quickie clean at the range. If you run a patch thru the firearm after you use the bore-snake you will see a lot of residue left in the barrel. Used one for my 10-22 for years and could not figure out why the accuracy went out the window. Cleaned the rifle the old fashion way and its back on where I like it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:18:12 AM EDT
[#8]
It's a quick way to remove a little bit of crap from the barrel.  To remove the copper fouling, etc. you have to clean it properly.  As the saying goes, there ain't no free lunch!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top