Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2003 7:43:16 AM EDT
Equipment
Bushmaster A3 20" Chrome lined Barrel(1:9Twist) w/ 4-12x 40mm scope carry Handle mounted

Ammo
Georgia Arms 55 gr (G223B-2) This is the same ammo sold in their "Canned Heat" bulk package.

Winchester Q3131A 55gr.

What kind of shot groupings should I be able to get with this combination of Equipment and Ammo at 100 yds? Assuming me the shooter is flawless.

Went to the range yesterday and zeroed in the scope and wasnt happy with results at 100yds. Trying to figure out how much of the problem is me.

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:11:29 AM EDT
[#1]
1.5" or less.  Come back and tell us how it actually does.

Dave S
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Most 55gr M193 equivilant ammo is designed to hold 3" at 100 yards with a 20" milspec chrome lined barrel, it's not match ammo.  You may be able to tighten the groups somewhat by using your scope instead of iron sights though, but I wouldn't expect MOA.  
Some folks claim to shoot very tight groups with M193, and I'm not disputing their results, but it's not designed to shoot MOA.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]
It depends on how lucky you were at getting a shooter for a rifle.  Worst case 3 MOA and best case just a tad under MOA.  I would guess 1-2 MOA.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:18:59 PM EDT
[#4]
OK

What I got Tuesday afternoon was about 3 moa but I felt I might have been a bit shakey, so maybe some of it was me.  I was sure hoping for better than that though.

I'll try again tomorrow and post my results. I also have a small quantity of some New Georgia arms 55 gr ballistic tip ammo thats suppose to be very accurate, I might give that a try as well.

Thanks for the feedback

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#5]
All I ask for at 100 yards is m.o.c. (minute of crainium), any farther than that and minute of torso is just fine.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:14:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I tend to expect about 2MOA.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top