Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2003 5:30:15 PM EDT
This gun thing really is a sickness.  I haven't even ordered my upper kit and I'm buying mags and ammo.  

Anyway, I'm wondering about Royal Ordinance mags.  I bought two today from a local shop, because I could.  The stickers on the mags say "Royal Ord AR15PW Mag, AR15 30RND 223 Rem Steel".  Another sticker says "England".  

I didn't see anything in the MagFAQ about these.  Has anybody used them?  If so, are they any good?  If they're not worth anything I can take them back.

Thanks for any info.
Scott
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#1]
If they are the same ones that I have they are surplus English SA-80 mags and they are supposed to be the Rolls Royce of AR-15 mags.

They are a bit too tightly fitted in some ways (just like the SA-80) but they have worked like a charm for me with my various AR variants.

They are beautifully finished and the mag body is made to outlast the receiver on your rifle...

Others may have a different experience but a guy here uses them in his full autos and they go without a blip...
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about Rolls Royces but these mags do look good...Real Heavy compared w/USGI's I bet you'll like 'em.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies!  I did see the SA-80 mags on the FAQ and was hoping that's what these were.  They look to be in decent shape, only a little wear.

I didn't think the price was too bad, $20 each, if they work.  I think there were about 10 left when I bought these.  

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 9:42:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like the ones I bought NIW for $25 each.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top