Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2003 9:25:04 AM EDT
I have a Bushy AR with about 300 rounds through it. It's always had a tiny bit of rattle between the upper where the bolt carrier rides and the lower where the trigger assembly is.

I asked about an Accuwedge, and am now convinced this is not the way to go. There are some pins that expand that essentially lock the two parts together. But I'm concerned, is there supposed to be a little play? Do I want them "welded" together?

What do the experts say?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't want any "play" between the barreled action and the stock on my bolt guns.

I've used the Accuwedge on my Busky V-Match, plays gone, shoots fine.  Maybe shot just as good before.

Rambosky
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:58:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I want no play also and have had good results with the accu-wedge.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#3]
You're scaring me. Do you really fly jets?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#4]
What do you want to weld together the upper and lower?
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#5]
JB tensioning pin is referred to in this thread on this very same subject, ([url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=145613&w=myTopicPop[/url]) suspect that's what your looking for...., I've had some experience w/ them (in an AR-10) and they can be agrivating come dissassembly time, but to each his own.

FWIW, I rarely disagree w/ Chuck, but for your and 10mmdzit small "play between upper and lower" issues the accuwedge IS the solution.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I used an accu wedge and found that the play is gone between the upper and lower. It just took a little more effort than I expected to get thing closed.  I have not shot my AR since, but hope to this week.  

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top