Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2003 8:59:24 AM EDT
I'm interested in a RRA Elite Tactical, but the web site lists the weight as 8.4lbs!!!

http://www.rockriverarms.com/rra_elite_le_a4_tactical_car.htm

Thatjust don't seem right for a 16" suposedly light rifle. If anybody knows, please let me know. I will pass if rifle is that heavy & go with a Bushy 16" Vmatch. I like that the RRA rifle comes with a few extras like the hogue grip, tactical handle, & the National match trigger standard. Wish it was chrome lined like the Bushy, but can't have it all I guess :)

Thx,
HS
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Bushy V-Match 16" barrel AR15.  I have a Leupold VXII 3X9X40,w/1/2" Bushy risers, Leupy MK4 rings, a Blackhawk SWFT sling, a loaded 30 round Thermold mag.  JP trigger and Bagger tactical latch,(That I'll probably take off), and an Accuwedge.

I just weighted it on our bathroom scales and it weights out at 10.5 lbs. fully dressed. A good sling will help with the weight when you're humping the boonies all day.

Rambosky
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't own one but have hefted one at my local gun store.
It's the Wilson heavy barrel that does it.

Check out the M-4 Tactical Entry. The shorty stock doesn't seem like the greatest thing, but it has
the M-4 profile barrel and weighs in at 7 lbs.

A new RRA A-2 stock is $25.00. You can probably find one left over from someones M4orgery project on the EE board for a lot less than that.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#3]
HogSniper,

I just bought a RRA Elite LE Tactical CAR A4.  This is my first AR, the 8lbs or whatever it actually weighs feels good to me.  It really is a sweet rifle.  Fit and finish are excellent and the quality is great.  One thing I know some people have done is went with the M4 Entry Tactical upper and used the LE Tactical lower. That should reduce your weight a little. Just an idea.  That M4 Entry stock looks a little short for me anyway.  Just an idea....

Hope that helped a little...

Here is my new RRA...

[url]http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=1314964[/url]

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Junk carbines. My A1 job weigh a wopping 7 lb.s and with its sight radius you dont need optics.
GG
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top