Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2003 8:29:32 PM EDT
If one has a plain A2 pre-ban that is in NRA Good condition should one sell it in case the AWB sunsets?

If the ban sunsets it will just be another old AR-15 (PWA receiver so nothing special) in average good condition.

Right now, it is probably worth, what? $800 to 1200?  More? Less? After?  Maybe 550 to 600?

It is a safe queen because I've shot other rifles but it has no special status other than it's pre-ban configuration.

Impressions?

Suggestions?

What do you think?

Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:17:04 AM EDT
[#1]

First off, let me say I'd be just as happy as everyone else if the AWB were to go away.  But realistically, that's not going to happen.  When the original expires, another ban in some form will take it's place.  Will it me more / less restrictive ...I dunno.

With that said, if you're not going to shoot the rifle, then sell it and buy something you will shoot and/or put some extra cash in your pocket.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:17:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Good point. I've owned two preban AR-15 rifles, I sold one (Colt R6420) two years ago for $800 more than I paid for it. I've been considering selling the other one (Bushmaster HBAR on PWA receiver). I don't think the Crime Bill will be allowed to sunset in today's anti-terrorism political climate. I expect even more restrictions to be tacked on when it is renewed. The question you have to answer is do you think a flashider is worth $600 today. Then again, all sales to the public may be stopped in 2005 and your rifle may be worth 3 to 4 grand then! My 2 cents worth.......
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top