Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2003 11:57:38 AM EDT
I am purchasing a pre-ban R6601 very soon.  Pre-ban according to the rules, full rifle was assembled before 1994.  Now the thing is i know the R6601 doesn't have a bayo lug, and doens't have the teloscopic stock...  I plan on putting those on.  Is that legal since i have a pre-ban? Or is the preban not considered a SAW?  Only reason I say its maybe not a SAW is because it is without a teloscopic stock and bayonet lug, but it has a flash supressor I think.

Just looking for clarification, sorry if its been spoken about before.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#1]
You can add all the other preban items you please without legal problems.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
thank you... good to hear good news :)
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Using http://www.awbansunset.com/whatis.html as a reference to the 1994 crime bill:

"Specifically, a rifle is considered an "assault weapon" if it can accept a detachable magazine, and possesses two or more of the following features:

- Folding or telescopic stock
- Pistol grip protruding conspicuously beneath the stock
- Bayonet mount
- Flash suppressor or threaded barrel
- Grenade launcher "

Since your rifle started as a whole rifle, has a detachable magazine AND a pistol grip AND a flash suppressor it IS indeed an assault weapon as prescribed by law.  Thus, you may make any pre-ban related modifications that you want with confidence.

No worries.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top