Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2003 12:38:28 PM EDT
While at the gunshow today, I picked up a chinease Leapers 4X20 AR15/M16 Scope with BDC Golden Image Series.  Inexpensive little bugger that looked like it might be fun.  I was surprised with the optic quality but really shouldn't be since the Japanese are having most of their lens ground in China now. I do understand it is cheap and is not my choice for SHTF for it is not waterproof.  I really wanted to know if any of you guys have used this and what do you think?

I really question that if you get it on target can you take it off and put back on without re-zeroing?  Dealer gave me the usual "I don't see why not." Which means no typically.  What do you say.

I'm an old iron sights guy and the ability to take on and off is a feature must.  I can take back tomorrow and trade for a standard scope to put on my mount otherwise I have an expensive orniment.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one. Yes, you must re-zer0 after removing it. I paid $35 for mine.....I should have got a NIW mag.....
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 4:06:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one also, but it holds zero pretty well for me. I take it off all the time. It does not go back to zero perfectly, but close enough.

I think how well this scope or a Colt original returns to zero when you mount it has more to do with your upper than the scope. Not all uppers have exactly the same dimension slot in the carry handle. They vary from rifle to rifle. If there is a little slop side to side that allows the scope to shift as you tighten it down, it is a crapshoot regarding zero.

The Lepers are inferior to the original. I have a friend that has a Colt scope, the reticle lines are much finer on his. That alone is worth an extra hundred bucks to me. Still, for $65.00 or $70.00 it's not too bad.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:15:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually picked this up for $40 which why I did I guess.  I think I will use it on my 16" replacing the RedDot and stick with a highpower on my 24".  Of course, my 20" will reamin scope free. Being off a little on the 16" won't bother me as much since I mainly plink with it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#4]
i put a 3-9 x 28 Leepers on my 20" HBar for crow shooting, and for a lousy $80 you cant go wrong, as i am now far more lethal against those crows going from iron sights to the Leepers. sure it isnt the best, not one i would take into say combat, but for the price its a good item.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#5]
You can shoot crows in your area?  Hell, I was beginning to think every bird in America was protected.  I sure have a bevy I would like to introduce to my AR. I'll check my local laws.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a leapers 4X28 compact given to me. I didn't trust it. It sat and sat, then I got saddistic. I threw it in a sink full of water and left it while I watched we were soldiers. I came back, took it out and wiped it off, VOILA! no fogging! I couldn't believe it. The crosshairs are a little coarse, but the optics are o.k. It's sitting on my F.A.L. now.

Got F.A.L.? [X]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top