Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2003 9:56:58 AM EDT
Was at one of the local shops today and saw an AR in the rack with the topic title manufacturer name. Never heard of it. Can anyone shed some light?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#1]
well PWA only made lowers if the serial # is 35.222 or lower its preban, the lowers are just as good as any forged lower out there, just check the upper, because PWA didnt make uppers. My M4 uses a PWA lower and im very happy with it.
          FREE
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw this at Auction Arms today.
http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=3691258
I have a PWA lower built AR and am very happy with it. I havent heard anyone here on this forum bad mouth em. What was the price of the Commando at your gun shop?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty sure it was a used rifle. Had a post ban upper on it. Can't be sure but I think the price was either $599. Wasn't interested in buying it, just caught my curiosity.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#4]
PWA is making lowers again.

Apparently, the company that is forging the Rock River lowers, is also once again making them under the PWA name.  They deal in large contrcts to distributors only.... and supposedly dont even answer their phone.  At least, that's the story I got today at the DFW gunshow.

PWA stripped lowers were $90 each!
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#5]
hmmmm, if PWA only made lowers, then you'd need proof that it was assembled into a rifle before The Date for it to be preban...

anyhow, i bought a PWA lower juuuuust before the PRK banned them. now i've got a bushy flattop 16" upper on it. yummmy. i've got about 1k rounds through it now. i shot 90 or so rounds every week at the range.

:) chris in sandy eggo
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top