BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2003 4:29:46 PM EDT
Hey everyone -

Got a few questions for you fellows.

I love this VMatch, but WHAT IS THE DEAL with the trigger? Did the designer intend it to be used as a handy hanging hook? Because before I fixed it, I kid you not: the hammer would dive 1/4" before the sear released.

Now it has no nonessential movement, breaks at a hint under 5# (WAS OVER 9 1/2# !!!), pretty smooth too; and of course passes all safety chex. BUT there isn't nearly enough room from the backstrap of the pistol grip to the trigger..it is hard to get

a consistent trigger squeeze...In fact, I shoot it best with my middle finger on the BOTTOM of the finger-groove. I taped a 1" block of wood to the backstrap, and the reach was perfect -- but it looked like HELL IN DUCT TAPE GRAY!

I'd like a Hogue pistolgrip, but I would like to know more about a part found only (apparently) in Brownell's...not in Bushy catalog or any online sources I checked.

This part is an adapter that moves the grip rearward by .75", and I have heard rumors there are others for various lengths. Seems that this bit would then house the selector detent spring.

Are these adapters practical? Do they look hokey when installed, or do they look like they belong there? And most importantly, do they work as advertised? If so, how about with a Hogue?

I'd be extremely grateful if someone who has one installed could put up a pic of the final product...

Heck, I'll be happy with any responses at all!

Thanks in advance,

FastVFR800
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:46:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw what you are talking about in a gun magazine, .45 ACP & .223 AutoloaderS Buyers's Guide 2001.  It was in an article called "How to Make the Most Popular AR15 Modifications.  They called it the "Rite-Pull Grip Extension".
I didn't like the idea of having a two piece pistol grip.  It might work great but it just didn't "look" right in my opinion.

I ordered the HK pistol grip out of the Bushy catalog which stated that is moves your hand back in order to get the proper finger allignment.  I use the middle of the first pad of my index finger like I do on my bolt guns.

UPS is to deliver it anytime now.  I'll let you know how my HK pistol grip works if your interested.  

I also have a Bushy V-Match.  I noticed how crappy the trigger pull was. I thought the V-match would have a match trigger but nooooo.

I called Bushy customer service and they told me that the trigger on the V-Match is Mil-spec.  Which means "standard crappy".  They offered to sell me their two stag compition trigger.

I'm going to fix this trigger problem in two stages.  I ordered a spring kit from them.  When it gets here I'm going to do the "15-Minute Practical Trigger Job for the AR-15" by AFreeMan.  I got the how-to info from this site.  And if I screw it up I'll have replacement springs.

After I save a few more nickles in my piggy bank I plan on getting the Accuracy Speaks trigger.

Rambosky
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 3:59:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm real interested in your new pistol grip.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:22:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I have no experience with either, but the "Rite Pull" adapter looks like the slicker adapter over the "Speedlock" type, even if it is plastic.

My outlook has always been, "Whatever it takes to make it fit.", looks take a back seat.  I apply this to all firearms that I own.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I guesss I just got lucky. I used to have an HK91 with a Williams set trigger, 4lbs standard and 1.5lbs set. So when I ordered my first Bushmaster, a V Match I was sure I would have to change out the trigger group right away, because I had been spoiled. But much to my delight, the stock trigger is great to me. Very crisp, with no perceptible creep or roughness. Guess thats the thing about stock 'spec' triggers, they differ. Just thoguht I would throw this in before someone just ordering a Bushy orders a trigger group before trying it out.
2 cents.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, nutswoc, I think somebody at Quality Parts Co. got your lower confused with a Varminter or something!

I went back to my FFL and checked trigger pull weight on his whole rack (23 Bushies, 3 Olys and 3 Colts) and the average was around 8#!!! The two-stage Varminter trigger broke at 4.4#; not too bad, but the rest were indeed Standard Crappy!

Plastic?!?!? Why on earth would anyone use plastic for a grip adapter?!? I think I'll get one, draw up its schematics, then fab one from Al billet stock, so it will LAST.

Anyone know where I can view a picture of an AR with the plastic spacer installed?

Thanks, guys. I needed that!

FastVFR800
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top