Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/2/2003 3:57:58 PM EDT
I love this sight. I've been visiting for months now and finally registered. Sooo many questions and comments. I'm not new to ARs, military (ARMY) since 1985. But I am new to discussion forums. How many of you have built on CMT recievers? Me and a six pack just put a lower together and it was great. Went together as good or better than any of the other 4 I've built myself. Let's see, they are Essential Arms, Eagle Arms, PWA, Sendra. I've also owned Olympic, DPMS, and Bushmaster.Let me say this, they have all been great weapons. Basically, they are as good as the parts you put "into" them. The reciever doesn't matter. I am not sold on any one mfr over any other. Except Colt. I don't see why they are so overpriced and you can't use standard lower parts. In the military I've had H&R, GM Hydramatic, Colt and FN M16s. Our current batch is Colt M4 models. They are nice to say the least. All brand new and pretty in a row. We still have a few FNs configured as M203s.Have I rambled on enough? My point is, stick with quality internal parts and a good barrel and you will have a fine weapon. Oh yeah, why is it so hard to fin standard weight barrels? I want to buy a 16" free float, flat top upper w/folding front sight. Know where I can get one? Once again, any experiance with CMT? AIRBORNE!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you post a link to a website?
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe CMT is Continental Machine Tool and they are an oem supplier of receivers to Colt. Can't go wrong there!
Link Posted: 1/2/2003 4:50:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Da_Bunny, what do you mean? I don't know how, but I also don't know what link you are refering to. Please elaborate. AIRBORNE!

Roger that lee446. Anyone know just how many "mfrs" get their recievers from CMT? AIRBORNE!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top