Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2003 12:13:59 PM EDT
There is an XM-10 in one of the local gun shops with x5 twenty round magazines. Condition seems to be as excellent as it could be.

The price on the tag seems a little high and the current blue book doesn't have a value for the XM-10.

Anyone have an idea on what these things normally go for in this condition?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never even heard of a XM-10, [%|] but that doesn't really mean anything. [:D] Who makes it? How much are they asking? Is it a stripped lower? A whole gun? We need more info. [;)]

Jamie
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#2]
essentially it is a 1980's production portugese style semi-auto AR-10 with five original mags.  US made receiver, essentially like new

[img]http://www.moneypit.net/~bhinton/Armalite_AR10/AR10%20%20Brochure.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.moneypit.net/~bhinton/Armalite_AR10/AR10..3%20cases...T.jpg[/img]

like this one

asking price is $2750
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#3]
This version is not one of the most collectible guns.  Some of these were also made in other places like the Netherlands and Singapore.  They are of course derived from the Armalite design.  Personally, I'd buy a new AR 10 from Armalite, with the best of metallurgy, a warranty, and even spare parts....ya don't know what the specs for this gun are, or if they are even up to spec.  Oh, and you might even save yourself close to a thousand bux if you shop around.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:13:05 PM EDT
[#5]
They usually sell for $1200-1500+. They were made and sold by several companies back in the early 80's. Retail back then was $795 with 2 magazines. 20 rd magazines can still be found for $50-80 each.

The best ones out there were made by H&H Enterprises of Redwood City, CA. The H&H guns were made with a cast lower that had to halves welded together and used Sudanese or Portugese parts kits.

I have more info if anyone needs it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been told there is no way to mount a scope, NV or a red dot on them due to the position of the charging handle inside the carry handle.   Just something to think about.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top