Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2002 10:21:11 PM EDT
Well, I ordered my first AR back early November.  A RRA Elite LE Tactical CAR A4.  It was shipped out December 26th.  I got the tracking number and I track this thing everyday!  Watching every little stop...  Well, it is about 3 hours from me now.  I am about to bust!  I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve... lol  So, come Thursday I will be the proud owner of my new AR!  Thanks again to everyone who helped me along the way in my decision.  

Also, from my family to yours!  Have a Happy New Years's......

Thanks again....

Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Congradulations on your purchase [beer]  Let us know how it shoots.

Edited to say: Yes, you are pitiful [;)] as am I, waiting on a RRA 9mm upper myself.

Happy New Year!

Jamie
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]
That'll be one hell of a rifle. Congrats!!
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:29:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Fijfi,

The wait is agony isn't it?  Thanks and don't worry, you guys will be one of the first to now how great it shoots.  I am still looking at the tracking with UPS and watching it.  My wife and son laughs at me.  lol  They just don't understand!!!!!  

armabill,

Thank you!!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#4]
You got the tracking number?
Man, you've got it bad![:D]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 2:17:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I got the tracking number and I track this thing everyday! Watching every little stop
View Quote

That is definitely the down side of tracking numbers. It is nice to know the item you bought is in route but when its so close you can't help but to think "why didn't they deliver it today?"
Especially bad is that they usually only update the information once a day so if you check it at night its sitting in their warehouse and then when you check the next afternoon it's still in the warehouse you want to call on the phone and find out why its just sitting there. Why isn't it on a truck?
I've tracked things and its fun to see how many times something gets transferred. Especially when its coming cross country.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 2:35:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I feel your pain!!!!!

Myself, I had to wait 14 months to get a FMP back from a smith. The whole ordeal was filled with angry, sorrow, and a few nasty-grams. The real bitch about the 14 months wait, was that it was over a special brake that I wanted on the rifle, and was quoted a 4 week turn around time.  At least with your rifle, you know that it is coming, and don't have a dust pile of parts awaiting it's arrival.

P.S. Depending if the rifle is coming Fed-ex, or brown truck, you can find out the time period that the rifle is going to arrive at the dealer.  I once tracked a rifle down this way, and was BS'ing with the FFL at his shop,when it arrived.

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:33:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I dont have any thing on it's way can I watch yours ?  [>Q]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:38:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I can really relate to the way you feel.  I have been tracking my pre-ban Bushmaster upper.  It made it to my local location at 10:30AM yesterday.  I got out the phone book, called info for the UPS office but the counters were all down for New Year's Eve.  My upper is only a couple miles away.  So near and yet so far.  All the UPS delivery trucks were off the roads by noon. Frustrating.....
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:08:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I own the exact same rifle. Great gun. Great fun. You won't be disapointed.

JIM
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#10]
That's pretty funny and I think we are all the same way. You can go months deliberating and agonizing over the decision to buy, but by god when that order is placed, you start counting the milliseconds 'till it gets there.

enjoy your rifle and i am looking forward to getting mine in the next few months. my only problem is that this darn board has made me think I need two now-one as a collector and one as a build-you-own..my wife is gonna have a canary :-)
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:10:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
my wife is gonna have a canary :-)
View Quote

Wow! A Canary??? Post us some pics when she dose. Sounds intresting. J/K  ;)[whacko]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 10:24:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the input guys.  Nice to know I am in good company in this situation.  Well, my rifle is sitting on a truck somewhere within 3 hours of me.  Damn Holidays!!!!!  lol  It departed Richmond which is 3 hours from me a day and a half ago!  3 Hours!  I wanna go get this guy moving....  New years is over!!  lol  Get a move!!  

Lazyshooter,

Told you I was pityful!  lol

Princeton,

It is fun watching these things move.  And to top off my agony, I am tracking 6 packages.  And they all just SIT there!  It is killing me.. lol

Dano523,

Mine order was originally a 3 to 4 week turn around. I am working on 6 weeks, so not too bad.  My delay was because they were out of barrels, but customer service at RRA was very helpful and kept me informed regularly.  And I plan on being at the shop when it arrives... I actually work there part time....  So, I even got the rifle at cost!  [;)]

Black Lions,

Not much to watch now, it is somewhere close to me now.  Drop by the shop Thursday and you can helo me open the box!  [:D]

ssallber,

We share the same pain my friend...  

LTCetme,

Hey that is good to hear!  I am so ready for this thing...  Thanks...

joewitt,

Exactly!  I am already thinking about my second rifle.  I understand the wife thing.  She can't believe I want another already since I don't have the first one yet!  I blame it on the board too!  [:D]  Goodluck with your new rifle...

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:52:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Congrats Max, Im in the same boat as you it appears LOL. I ordered a RRA entry tactical M4 around dec.6 and was told it would be about 3-4 weeks.I thought great that will give me time for my wallet to recover from xmas and stuff... NEGATIVE! after buying ammo,mags,optics,etc,etc,etc im just as broke as before LOL.Anyways hope you enjoy and be sure to post some pics and general impressions for us to drool over.BTW you said that you live about 3 hours from richmond,So do i im in the northwestern va, area..later UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#14]
underdog75,

Thanks, and congrats to you as well.  That Rock River is AWESOME.  Let me know when your arrives.  Mine took a total of around 6 weeks to come in.  I live down south of Richmond, really about 2 and 1/2 hours.  Good luck on your gun and let me know!  I might get a RRA M4 next.  Happy Shooting....

Lloyd...

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Dude, you sound like a heroin addict.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top