Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2002 7:17:21 AM EDT
i need an Ambi/safety and i bought one a few years back i think from BUshmaster that i really didn't like.....it seems like i've seen another that sort of locks together inside the receiver rather than with a rollpin on the outside.....any suggestions??????  thanks......Dick
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:23:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I''ve got one from brownells. It is pretty decent. The pieces lock together inside, nad there is a hex screw that goes in to hold the two together.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:36:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the rollpin version from bushmaster and would love to hear of a version that didnt use the roll pin.  Does anyone have any pics?
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.brownells.com/images/products/231015012.jpg[/url]

click on the link and you'll see a pic. THere is a Hex screw that holds the assembly together. As you can see.. it's form brownells. I've had luck with mine.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#4]
The ambisafety sold by Brownells is made by DPMS if I remember right. I put one on my Colt AR and really like it. One draw back however is that it irritates my thumb - I am a southpaw - during sustained firing. The hex head screw has held the off side lever on mine without retightening for a year or more (over 800 rounds fired).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top