Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2002 6:46:36 PM EDT
I'm thinking about getting a bushmaster AR-15, after the assault weapons is over would it be legal to put a front sight with a bayonet lug and to attach a flash suppressor to the end of the barrel?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#1]
9-24-2004
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#2]
what do you think the odds are of them reinstating it? if they do would I be able to make an assault weapon with a receiver made before 2004?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
what do you think the odds are of them reinstating it? if they do would I be able to make an assault weapon with a receiver made before 2004?
View Quote

Once the ban expires, there will be no such law so you can buiold whatever you like on a receiver made at anytime.  

The odds of them reinstating depends a large part on whether we all let our elected representatives know we want to see this ban pass and never return.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pay a visit to our site at [url]www.awbansunset.com[/url] for loads of info on the ban.  Particularly, check [url]www.awbansunset.com/scoreboard.html[/url] periodically to monitor how things are looking for a renewal.

Currently, if a renewal bill would come up for a vote in the Senate, it would have a chance at passing.  Not a good chance, but still a chance.  On the other hand, in the House of Representatives, it's a different story.  The anti's have a STEEP uphill battle on their hands there.

Keep in mind, a renewal must pass both the Senate and the House.  Bush would probably sign a renewal bill.  But because he is not a rabid gun-hater, at least we most likely will not have to deal with him demanding that Congress take action on the issue (which Gore almost certainly would, had he won).

--Mike
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top