Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/27/2002 12:20:01 PM EDT
Hey guys. I had posted a message about a month ago about the Hesse, or as some call it "Hexxe". I thought I had done my homework until AFTER I purchased it and then read this forum. I know some or most of you do not like Hesse from either personal experiences or for whatever reason. I had said that I was going to shoot it and let you all know. Yes, I saw the picture of the broken lower and it scared me because I was afraid it would happen to me.

I took it today to zero in the scope and it perfomed without any problems. I admit, that I only shot 60 rounds through it today but RIGHT NOW, I'm pleased.

I do have a question however. I understand that they have been around for a few years. I noticed that on the lower where the serial number is mine is 6 digits with the first two being "00". Would this mean that they have "revamped" the lowers and have started over with the numbers? The S/N is "0027**".

Maybe I'm hoping that they redone them and have started off with new receives and new S/N's.

Anyone who has an answer, please let me know.

All in all, I'm pleased up to this point. I know some of you have different opinions and I respect that. It maybe only a matter of time but I plan to shoot it quite a bit before the year warranty is up. (If you want to call it that) and yes, I have read the horror stories on this forum about getting warranty work done.

Thanks to all of you for your input and help.
John Cox
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 3:45:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Troy,
Thanks for the numbers. I'm not being a smart butt here but those are numbers for 2000. What about NOW. I know that they may have had trouble in the past but the question I ask myself is this. "Have they improved where they were having problems?"

I'm sure that they still don't sell many guns. Not denying that in the least. Just wondering.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Troy,

I was just wondering were you got that info at?
Good stuff though keep it comming...

JIM
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#4]
FWIW, mfgr numbers are published by several gun rags such as "American Handgunner", among others. The reports are usually at least two years behind as those are the latest numbers available. I don't know if that's the mfgr choice or the govt's choice?

IIRC, all numbers come from BATF.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone else have good experience with Hesse?  I know the receiver that broke was cst, but what about the carbon fiber receivers they use now?
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:13:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:40:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Knightone,

I was wondering the same thing so I have emailed HESSE to see what they have to say. I made mention about how hard it has been for others to get warranty work done and the workmanship on the older guns. My question exactly was what have they done to correct the problem of the broken lower. Like I said earlier, I have only shot a low number of rounds through it but I plan to shoot more next weekend to see what happens. I'll let you know what they say in their email back to me. This is a wonderful site and there is a lot of good information out there. I'm just hoping that for my sake and those that HAVE purchased a newer Hesse, that they have higher standards. It will take a long time for people to put trust back in their company but I think eventiually, they will. We'll see. Right NOW, I'm pleased with mine.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Bob is correct.  
-Troy
View Quote

Damn! Someone note the time & date!  >gg<
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#9]
i like the new, self oiled receivers.ept when i stoped buy the shop and was asked to leave because he only phone orders , everything else was ok
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 1:12:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top