Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/26/2002 5:09:36 PM EDT
My first question is - how much of an idiot do I appear like , since spelling my Username wrong?

Second Q. I reckon would be how do I go back and rectify it ?(I would also devote myself to spellcheck - if that's an option when posting on this site)

Ooops just realized it was....

Well I am a humble beginner with a newly purchased Bushmaster XM-15 E2S 16 inch HBAR no attachment at muzzle.Detachable handle and a green thicker handguard, aquired at the gun show, in which my rifle was purchased, is so far my only modification.( a steep $50.00 nonetheless!!)

I intend to get Hogue grips, an Aimpoint sight and will decide on after consulting this formidable site whether I should get Readymag or just a generic clip attacment .I will be getting some 20 and 30 round magazines and will stick to USGI. Anybody care to comment on the Thermold plastic ones? Last but not least I think I will swap my stock....stock.... for a shorty from Bushmaster. I was initially curious about the skeleton stock offered on their site, but not having heard or seen much about them I deem them redundant. I rant I know, .....any replies will be appreciated .

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome! Go up to the top of the page and click on profile, then click on change user name[;)]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks I'm right on it and the little icons ....they make me feel CREATIVE. Where are they?
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#3]
[green][b] Welcome to the madness!  You'll find a lot of knowledgeable people here to gain information from .(some good ,some bad[:D]) If the little creative icons your referring to are these [<|:D>] [:)] . You can find them under Icon Legend (right above were you type your reply message or new message) You can find the animated ones under Anim Legend. [sniper][50] [sex]

Good Luck with the new AR .
[/green][/b]
[red]
MeRrY ChRiStMaS & HaPpY NeW YeAr [<|:D>] [<]:)]

Jerry [/red][/b]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome and you made a good choice in a rifle. I must ask about the GREEN hand guard when the rifle is black.
Go to the Bushmaster site and see if they have any thing you like or even the Armalite site. The Skeleton stock from what I haer and have seen ar very good.
I guess you were at the Bushmaster site then so forget my above paragraph. If you want to know or get good mags ask Transam79. Look for his stuff in the EE section. All his stuff is top notch
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Hello Jerry and thanks for all the color and warm greeting. I'd like to steer clear of the bad characters on this site ,so thanks for the warning (by the way which one are you ?)(o:))
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#6]
well I have been on the bushy web site and I picked green just to accentuate a little I think the tan ones I have seen on links to this site look good too.

No one will notice what color handguard I have after I install my Aimpoint anyway ,right !!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#7]
edpmedic I am gaining in curiosity again since you indicated positive feedback on skeleton stock from B M .care to go in more detail as to pros on that stock ?
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#8]
You haven't fixed your screen name yet???[>:/]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Greetings & Welcome!
[devil]

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#10]
[USA]

[%(]

Yipee - I learned me a thing!!!!

[>Q] I'm so happy and creative!!!!  

[-=(_)=-] Here i am again!!!

There I am done

[:)] I lied

Anyway ,proud to be a member

[USA]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd like to steer clear of the bad characters on this site ,so thanks for the warning (by the way which one are you ?)(o:))
View Quote

[blue][b] Hey again

I was referring to information (good and bad)but since you mentioned the  bad characters here I'm sure these afew around. I'd like to think of myself as one of the good ones [:D] but thats just my opinion.

[<|:D>][<]:)]
[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Gimme a break .........I am working on my Username [:\]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Gimme a break .........I am working on my Username [:\]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#16]
And now for a little animation (I am simply getting familiar)

[marines] me giving my troops a little peptalk

[50] me letting the enemy have it

and after everyone else is wounded
[pistol] me as the last line of defense

Thanks for all the replies I will try and contribute to this site as best I can.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:43:01 PM EDT
[#17]
You'll find a lot of knowledgeable people here
YES you will I am a dumb ass when it comes to these rifles and these guys and gals set me on the right course with my first purchase /which
btw I am very thankful/  You have come to the right place for advice

ps/ I am new here also I learn something new every day
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Welcome to the site! Don't fret over the quality of the skeleton stock (made by ACE, Ltd) in BM's catalog; it's a VERY well-made unit.

Link Posted: 1/2/2003 5:48:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Welcome to the site and congrats on your new Bushmaster. On your question about mags; you should stick with the USGI mags. On the plastic mags like Orlite or Thermold; you might get just one and see how your ar works with them.  But you would be better off just to stick with USGI.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top