Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2002 2:43:39 PM EDT
I'm considering installing a Compass Lakes Engineering two stage trigger in my Bushmaster.  Does anyone have any pros or cons for this trigger.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got 2 Bushmasters with the CLE 2 stage triggers in them. There are adjustments to be made and they COULD go out of adjustment. Not an issue on a target weapon but a real problem on a SHTF weapon. All springs & disconnector are special and I had to order 2 sets of replacement parts for both weapons. Never had a problem in 6 or 7 years and 10K rounds.
BUT... I installed a Rock River 2 stage in a friends Bushy and believe it to be a superior trigger for a SHTF gun. It uses ALL STOCK SPRINGS and the discinnector is built into the thing and is at least 1/4 inch in thickness so it will take forever to wear it out.
My 2 cents worth.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 3:34:10 PM EDT
[#2]
If we are talking about SHTF gun, I highly suggest the Accuracy Speak single stage trigger, it has no adjustments to loosen and screw to get bind up in the lower.  It is very straight forward and robust for serious situation weapon.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top