Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2002 11:24:32 AM EDT
I have the chance to pick up a reasonably priced Palmetto Arsenal AR set up as an SP1. The rifle is a Pre-Ban, which is what I want, but(theres always one of those right??)I have never heard of Palmetto Arsenal, are their products any good?
Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Keith
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought and built several ar's with Palmeto Armory lowers during the early 80's. the first one had a bit of a pivot pin location problem, but it went back, and the 12 or so my friends and I built after that were right in spec. The early ones didn't have the sharp edges broken real well, but were no problem. I even built one shorty with a CAR length stock a friend machined the parts for to duplicate the Colt "Firing Port Weapon" with the wire stock that slid alongside the lower like a grease gun stock. I don't remember who I let get off with that one, but I wish I still had it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I had an old 1982 Palmetto Armory, SGW-made (now Olyarms) lower which I made into a CAR and I sent it into Olyarms for refinishing about 3 years ago. They said it was not safe so they made me a new forged lower with the same serial number and did it for free because of the time involved, 6 months or longer.  Now they do it for $100 last I heard, but check to be sure.  It retains it's preban status and it is NEW! Only the original manufacturer can do this. A plus for Palmetto Armory owners.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Oly will only remanufacture Palmetto lowers IF they have SGW Olympia, Wa on them.
If they do not have Oly markings on them they will not remanufacture it.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top