Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/19/2002 2:56:00 PM EDT
I plan on getting a M4 collapsible stock for my Pete-in-NH built M4A1 clone with A2 stock.  

I like the A2 stock but would like the versatility of the M4 collapsible stock.  It looks like it belongs on the M4 upper.  

What do you plan on doing?  
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Collapsable stock and flash hider on my RRA car-a4. Conna skip the B. lug though, thats for the next AR.

JIM
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#2]
You talked me into it, flash hider also.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 3:29:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm gonna buy a case of Glock G22 15 round mags.  New LEO mags are $16 right now, but USED pre bans are $59-$69 (NFML-FML)

I'd like to ut a folder on my AK clone, but I think there is another law against that besides the AW ban.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2002 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]
[:D]

3 more AR15 30 round magazines, 2 more of each standard capacity glock 19 and 17 magazines, get two phantom flash hiders installed on both of my 14.5"s, two 4-position telestocks and lastly 4-shot extension magazine for my Benelli M1. Fvck the accessories and optics for awhile I don't have enough money to go around [:D]

And of course more and more complete ARs and magazines before they try to do this shit again.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Some Beta C mags
more AR's
flash hiders for the one I have now
M4 style buttstock for the one I have now
more 30 rounders
more ammo
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy lots of high cap Glock magazines!
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Some Beta C mags
more AR's
flash hiders for the one I have now
M4 style buttstock for the one I have now
more 30 rounders
more ammo
View Quote

Dude, you don't have to wait for the ban to end to buy more ammo.[;)]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 4:43:18 PM EDT
[#9]
a gov. profile Bushy 20" with all the goodies for my postban reciever.   and a big fat M9 to stick on it just to spite the dipshits who passed this crap in 94'.   i should jb weld on like 10 lugs at various angles and make an m16 morning star and name it the "Senate Slayer"

LittleJacek
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#10]
First of all it will NOT sunset. If anything it will get worse. They (the anti's) are already and have been for about 6 months now collecting $$ to fight for new and even stronger rules. They want to totally ban sales of any rifle that even looks like an AR. (especially after that sniper crap a few months ago). It may not got worse (but probably will) It is GUARANTEED TO AT A MINIMUM BE RENEWED. We, (the legal gun owners) are so disorganized it is not funny. We depend solely on the NRA to defend our gun rights and friends that just ain’t gonna cut it when you have at least 5 organizations with a collective membership of over 5x that of the NRA and God only knows how much more money and influence.

If you want to be able to buy a new AR, much less all that currently banned stuff you better get off your butts and start writing your representatives in Washington or you can forget it.

As for the lists of stuff I just read I saw several things that made no sense, among them was ammo. Lets just pretend for a minute that it actually does sunset. The availability and price of ammo after will be; less availability and increased cost. Why? More people will go out and buy AR’s and those that have them will go out and buy cool new stuff and want to shoot them. there will be a (most likely temporary but real) quasi shortage of 223 resulting in an across the board price increase that will not come back down once the supply does catch back up with demand. Go buy your ammo NOW

Magazines, you can buy USGI 30 rounders in great shape for under $30 all over the place and at any gun show. Ban or not the price is not likely to go down more than maybe $5. If you can’t afford a magazine because of $5 then you sure can’t afford to fill and use the thing.

4 shot extension for a shotgun. Are those banned now? I’m not sure and don’t have a copy of the law in front of me but I don’t think so.

So, what am I going to buy IF it passes?

1)  A room in the hospital ICU after my stroke because I know it will never happen.
2)  5 AR15’s - 2 carbines with collapsible stocks and 3 20" all with Phantoms. Bayonet mount totally optional. I have only 1 bayonet now and several AR’s with mounts, why do I need more mounts for something I don’t have (the knife) and would be VERY unlikely to use even if I did have? (like I said, I have one now and have never used it and is all the situations I have found myself in never even contemplated mounting it (or even had it with me) other than for a picture.)
3)  A street sweeper. Just because I always thought it would be great fun out on the back yard range and would be a cool toy.
4)  Maybe a couple more C-mags to keep the ones I already have company.
5)  A 9mm C-mag (currently impossible at any price except for LEO.)
6)  A couple more Glock 19 mags for my wife’s new carry gun since I only have 4 now.
7)  2 more cases of MRE’s

Link Posted: 12/19/2002 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#11]
The same stuff I buy now- if it's still available.

I live in NJ - the "our ban is better than your ban state"

Thanks, Florio. Dickhead.

Tony
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm going to stock up on all kinds of "pre-ban" stuff then lobby for a renewal of the AWB. When it passes. I will sell my stuff at an insane profit.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Freshhorase, no way dude, I got you beat! I do think the "smart gun" legislation is lame, but my state (can I still consider it a state?) requires gun locks and "safety testing" before any handgun can get sold, among other anti-American legislation!

Anyway, I emailed both my senators and representative to vote against renewing the AW ban.  I agree it's like pissing in the ocean to raise the tide, but at least they heard my opinion.  I hope the ban does go away; followed by the Supreme Court finally making a stand on the 2nd Ammendment.

What would I buy? hmmm...been so long since I had a "choice", I'd have to think about that one...hell...M4 clone!
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, here in the freelands of Nevada, we can buy anything we want. When the ban lifts (and it will), I'm getting ten new GI mags for my AR, a flash hider, and collapsible stock. Then I'm going out to buy a brand-new no-ban M4 with everything! Woohoo!
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#15]
The ban WILL sunset, it's written into the law. To  renew it, they will need to author a complete new law, run it through both house and senate, combine both versions.... I doubt that will happen. I really doubt it will live through all of that.

Gun Control is not good for the demon-rats digestion anymore. It's not a winning ticket.

Me? I plan on buying full cap mags for everything, a beta c and a dedicated 9mm sbr.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#16]
soomething exotic maybe a Steyr AUG or sig 550
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#17]
May I suggest that all of you pay a visit to the official "Sunset" website and our forums. We've got a grass-roots movement going, and we're aiming right at the ban. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
soomething exotic maybe a Steyr AUG or sig 550
View Quote

Nope, those still won't be importable even if the ban sunsets. Only way will be if they decide to manufacture them on US soil.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 11:21:21 PM EDT
[#19]
First thing will be first!  [beer] [<]:)]

Unfortunately, I also doubt the ban will sunset without renewal, and if it does, something else will take it's place.

I already blew the bucks to make all my stuff preban, and I bought all the mags for everything, including guns I didn't have, just before the ban.

However...12 Ceiner .22lr conversion mags are still not enough for me, I want another couple dozen 30rd'ers - the less time at the range I spend loading, the more time I get to spend shooting.  Could also use more C-Mags, and drums for MP5's and M11/9.  And I want to make my competition M1A1 more authentic - yes, the dreaded bayonet lug!  Maybe convert a post ban FAL into a nice folder paratrooper.  Dang!  I guess I left a lot to desire after all.  So what lobby do I send money to ensure the ban dies and stays dead?

Link Posted: 12/19/2002 11:44:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Norinco CQ-311
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 12:52:06 AM EDT
[#21]
heh,  maybe we will be able to get some M249 semi-autos!!!  wouldn't that kick butt.  
or atleast some semi 60's.

LittleJacek
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 1:18:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Beta C Mags
UnFixed Stock
...dunno

oz
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 3:04:25 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm going to SBR a post-ban BM lower I have, put a real CAR stock on it, and mount my Gemtech Talon-SD 9MM upper on it as to make a semi-only suppressed 9MM carbine.

Sometimes I just feel like a little quiet plinking and don't need the registered lower around.

Besides, it will fill out my gun safe better - one less lonely upper laying around.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 4:14:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I already blew the bucks to make all my stuff preban...
View Quote

Sounds like you've already got everything you really need, which explains your pessimism. Why not join the fight anyway? There's always a chance we'll win. IMHO, there's only a very small chance we won't. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 5:23:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
First of all it will NOT sunset. If anything it will get worse. They (the anti's) are already and have been for about 6 months now collecting $$ to fight for new and even stronger rules. They want to totally ban sales of any rifle that even looks like an AR. (especially after that sniper crap a few months ago). It may not got worse (but probably will) It is GUARANTEED TO AT A MINIMUM BE RENEWED.
View Quote

The anit's, not us, have a serious uphill battle in store, as long as we keep the pressure on.  Take a look at [url]www.awbansunset.com/scoreboard.html[/url].  Things are actually looking quite good for us in the House.  Of course, by no means is it a certainty that we will be victorious, but clearly this battle is ours to lose.

Now, in the Senate, it could be a different story... I could see them possibly passing a renewal.  Hopefully the Repubs can keep it from even making it to the floor for a vote.  But in the House, they will have a hell of a time overcoming the substantial pro-gun presence (the newly increased pro-gun presence, I might add).

What can the anti's do to win?  Well, they can hire a few thugs to go on AR and AK killing sprees in various parts of the country.  Aside from that, the only way I think they would stand a chance at pulling over the necessary votes in the House would be to make this their number one issue in the next election (the ban sunsets right in the middle of campaign season) and play the spin game full-force.  Perhaps some strategically placed "Representative Joe Blow voted to put ASSAULT WEAPONS in the hands of children" ads would sway a few votes their way.

That said, they'd have to implement this in parts of the country that are not very friendly towards gun control (particularly the south and mid-west).  Given the beating Democrats took in 1994 after voting for the ban, I doubt they're going to want to push on the gun issue.

And that brings me to the most important issue... Democrats want to be back in power.  They'll do whatever it takes to do so.  Principles, morals, causes, none of it matters.  If they get polling data that suggests an anti-gun stance would help them overall (in other words, not hurt them tremendously in pro-gun areas), they will push the ban big time.

But reality: they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.  [b]It's just too risky of an issue for them right now.[/b]  Why risk losing so many House seats?  Far safer is to use the economy, or the handling of "the war on terror" as their main issue.

BTW, flash hider and collapsable stock.  :)

--Mike
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 5:44:28 AM EDT
[#26]
In my view, we have a great argument for the Ban to Sunset.  

With Terrorists inside our country and walking in the front doorway every day, AMERICAN CITIZENS should have the ability to arm ourselves' with weapons to protect our neighborhoods and county.  

I believe the law makers would be hard pressed to come up with a good argument preventing American Citizens arming ourselves in order to assist the military if the SHTF.  

My thoughts only.  I am behind the anyone that protects our rights as American Citizens.  

[center]
[img]http://www.semanon13.com/images/flag.gif[/img]
[/center]
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 10:22:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
heh,  maybe we will be able to get some M249 semi-autos!!!  wouldn't that kick butt.  
or atleast some semi 60's.
View Quote

You can already buy semi-auto M60s. I think the site is: [url]www.usord.com[/url]
[img]www.usord.com/images/e4_large.gif[/img]
M60E4/Mk43Mod0

I'm gonna buy a collaspable stock and some NEW USGI mags.  Maybe a C-mag or something. A drum. Yeah!
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Not to disagree with your larger point, but I doubt if the military will work with armed citizens if SHTF. IMHO, it will be every man for himself and the military will not be helping the cause of the common folk, by-and-large.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
rights and friends that just ain’t gonna cut it when you have at least 5 organizations with a collective membership of over 5x that of the NRA and God only knows how much more money and influence.
View Quote

You had better go back and re-check your facts.

The NRA alone has over 4 MILLION dues paying members.

The top 5 anti-gun groups COMBINED don't have HALF of that in dues paying members.

That is what frustrates the antis so much.  The NRA can deliver votes and THAT has alot more influence on the politicians.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 11:07:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
To  renew it, they will need to author a complete new law, run it through both house and senate, combine both versions.
View Quote

[b] DANGER WILL ROBINSON!  DANGER[/b]

That is a FATAL thinking and completely wrong.

All they need to do is put a line in ANY bill going through congress that reads:

"Paragraph 2 of Section 6 of the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act is deleted effective upon passage of this bill."

Would any of you know what it referenced?  Do you know were to find out what was referenced.

Do you realize that line (which can be placed in ANY bill) effectively removes the 10 year limit and makes the ban permanent (unless you can pass a repeal bill)?

Now is the time to be vigilant, [i]and vocal[/i], - you should be checking the Thomas Register constantly for this kind of thing ([url]http://thomas.loc.gov/[/url])
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Stripped, never been built lower, pistol buffer, flat top upper, 11.5" bushmaster barrel with Voretex f/s, pigtail gas tube, RRA 2 stage trigger, 30 rd USGI mag NOT WELDED INTO THE LOWER!
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I will be taking a flight on my F115 flying donkey yelling yeehaa, F**K the liberals!!! J/K, I suppose i'll build another M4 with all the evil thingy's.
FREE

Link Posted: 12/20/2002 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I already blew the bucks to make all my stuff preban...
View Quote

Sounds like you've already got everything you really need, which explains your pessimism. Why not join the fight anyway? There's always a chance we'll win. IMHO, there's only a very small chance we won't. [:)]
View Quote

[red][b]WRONG!  The only thing you got right about me is that I am a pessimist, that way, I'm pleasantly surprised when sh*t goes right.  FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!  I did NOT get everything I wanted, and I don't think about just myself like a selfish bastard - I think about all the other people then and after who got screwed by the ban.  I VOTE EVERY CHANCE I GET.  Three rights;  The right to free speech, the right to vote, protect the third, the right to Keep and Bear Arms, which protects the first two.  YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.  VOTE.  People have lost lives to give you this freedom, so honor them and exercise it. [/red]  Do you know what happens if you don't do something?  Nothing! (or at least nothing you wanted)  We have to make this happen, don't sit back and hide in your cave just cause you got your stuff.  The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilence.  This applies directly in this fight. [/b]  Even a guy who has it all will want what is yet to come, so you self centered bastards with the "I got mine!" attitude, even you have a stake in this.  Sorry to rant, but I feel very strongly about this.  Do you think I enjoyed spending all that extra money just to be legal and do the right thing?  Hell no, it's a stupid law, but I did what an honest upright citizen has to do to obey the law, even if it sucks.

The AW ban WILL sunset, that was the way it was written.  What I fear, and what YOU MUST PREVENT, is a followup law or a renewal of the same laws.  Pessemistic? Yes!  I believe that if we do not band together, influence, be heard, and VOTE, we will be letting it happen all over again (is there a smiley face that is bent over and, well, you know what?).

Fight people, Fight!  Vote!  Make sure your wishes are heard by the people in power.  Do NOT let this happen again!  I will be there, I will send money and support, and I will vote out the ones who try to take away my freedom.  This is America, let's get back to it!  [USA]

Jeez, I sort of flipped out there.  That's what I do when these stupid laws happen...

[soapbox]  Stepping off now...

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top