Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/19/2002 4:28:51 AM EDT
I looking for tack driver potential if I do my part.  Colt Accurized is all over the market now and of course the Bushy Varminter.  Any experience with either or any information would be helpful in my selection.  Thanks Guys and Merry Christmas
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 4:38:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no complaints about my CR-6724:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=1369[/img]

Add a Jewell 2-stage, a Leupold scope and feed it handloaded 77SMKs, believe you'll find this weapon is hard to beat.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#2]
You should at least take a look at www.armalite.com.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 8:57:27 AM EDT
[#3]
In NM circles, Compass Lake is considered VERY highly for producing ultra-accurate uppers.  DCM (now CMP) even offers subsidies on Compass Lake rifles for CMP high-power clubs.  I've never spoken w/ him, but the front man for the company, Frank White, is supposed to be very approachable and knowledgeable about all things involving AR's and accuracy.

I do know that one of his NM uppers, w/ a Krieger barrel, will set you back almost $1,000, and that's JUST the upper w/ NM A2 sights.  People buy 'em up.  That should tell you something.

(I'd seriously consider Armalite too.  A friend's wife shoots a target model and it's accuracy is unbelievable.)

For what it's worth.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:41:46 AM EDT
[#4]
The Les Baer I had came with a factory target shot by Les that had two groups that measured under .25. I got groups close to this, but not all the time, I know that was due to the shooter, not the rifle. This is not atypical of the Les Baer rifles, however you will pay 2000 or so for one and it is sooooo tight that it is hard to take down.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top