Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2002 9:58:44 AM EDT
On the pre-ban Colt AR-15 A2 model R6500
Is that also refered to as the sporter II (or SP II)?
Or is it another model R #
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know if this will help or not:

[url]http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/variants[/url]
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 6:42:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm hoping that this is a good place to post this message... I have a pre-ban AR15 that I bought new in about 1991. I'm wondering what information I can find out about it. I checked out the link listed and the model is there. I was wondering how I might be able to get a price estimation for it.

The info on the AR is...
Colt Sporter Match HBAR
SN MH 023xxx

Barrel also has CMP 556 NATO 1/7 HBAR on it.

The strange thing is that nowhere on it does it give a model # or even say AR-15! Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 7:04:49 AM EDT
[#3]
If you dont get an answer here, try going to the [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=29]Colt Forum[/url] in the Industry section. Several people there who are pretty well informed on all the Colt model numbers and rifles. You'll get an accurate answer there for sure.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
On the pre-ban Colt AR-15 A2 model R6500
Is that also refered to as the sporter II (or SP II)?
Or is it another model R #
View Quote

To the best of my knowledge each Colt model also has a specific number.  However, the full descriptor of the R6500 is:  "AR-15A2 Sporter II  (Model #6500)"
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 7:55:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Our member "Stokes" is very knowledgable in the Colt Arena.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm hoping that this is a good place to post this message... I have a pre-ban AR15 that I bought new in about 1991. I'm wondering what information I can find out about it. I checked out the link listed and the model is there. I was wondering how I might be able to get a price estimation for it.

The info on the AR is...
Colt Sporter Match HBAR
SN MH 023xxx

Barrel also has CMP 556 NATO 1/7 HBAR on it.

The strange thing is that nowhere on it does it give a model # or even say AR-15! Any suggestions?
View Quote
You have a Colt model R6601.
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 10:45:04 AM EDT
[#7]
  Sounds like a blue label rifle without the bayonet lug,could be a slab side(early) or raised mag fence model(later models).Do a search on gunbroker.com of completed auctions to get an idea of it's value.I have a couple of unusual transition models at auction there.      

The value is probally around $1400-1600 in excellent condition with box and accessaries.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you very much for your help in identifying this model AR...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top