Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2002 11:23:35 AM EDT
I'm sorry I started a new post for this, but I am a phone call away to making my purchase and I am getting excited.

One more question.....this is getting frustrating.

I just called to order an bushmaster M4 with a removeable handle. The ones they listed consisted of an M4 with a 16 in. barrel that has a fixed handle. Their other M4 option has a 14 in.(mabye 14.5, I forgot) barrel with a mini Y-composiste muzzlebrake with a removeable handle. The price difference is about $50 more for the removable handle. Now which of these 2 do I go with, the barrel threw me off???
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Wouldn't it be nice if this sight had a search feature-

[>:/]

Oh, By the way- Get the Bushy M4 A3-
I don't like the way the Mini-comps look but the Shorter M4 has a little more kick than a 20" If you have patience get the standard post-ban M4 and send it to KKF for a sweet A3 Tac-brake. Check it out-
[url]http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/albums/album_image/42611/4044.htm [/url]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

[>:/]

Oh, By the way- Get the Bushy M4 A3-
I don't like the way the Mini-comps look but the Shorter M4 has a little more kick than a 20" If you have patience get the standard post-ban M4 and send it to KKF for a sweet A3 Tac-break. Check it out-
[url]http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com/albums/album_image/42611/4044.htm [/url]
View Quote

Yeah, I am a member of other forums and I know how annoying it can be when people will never use the "search" button.  I apoligize for not utilizing it right now, but I am in a hurry to get his gun ordered.  I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning.  :)
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey...there is a search feature. Check your menu line...It should go My Active Topics, then Active Topics, then Calendar, and finally SEARCH.

Link Posted: 12/10/2002 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#4]
friggin newbies![;)]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
It does!  It's in the light grey bar under "Armory".  (It's been back for a while now. [;)])

The only M4 I could find on their site (as a complete rifle) was this one:
[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa2x14m4my.asp[/url] Unfortunately it has the Mini Y Comp.

If they offered you a 16" option w/o a comp, like this:
[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/post-ban/pura2b16m4.asp[/url] then it should have been available with either the A2 sights or a flat-top.  An A3 receiver is listed as an option for this upper.

I don't know why the have separate "items" for the M4A2 & M4A3 uppers with 14.5" and comps, but a combined "item" for the 16" w/o the comp.  Or why they list the 16" as an upper-only but not as a complete rifle.

I'd go with the 16" w/o comp myself.  If you want the 14.5" I'd follow boggl's recommendation and replace the Mini Y Comp with anything else.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#6]
IMO, get the 16" barrel with the removable handle. Oh, yeah, get the handle too.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#7]
It would be equally as nice if the people who knew the answers to the newbies questions would just answer them or shut up.  

We all know there is a search function.

But if people didn't ask the questions and get answers what would there be to search?

Oh, and BTW Levithan, no the questions do not ever end. Once you get the weapon then it will be questions about upgrades and accessories.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
IMO, get the 16" barrel with the removable handle. Oh, yeah, get the handle too.
View Quote

That is what I would get, but they only offered the removable handle on the 14.5 in. barrel.

I think I have decided on the the 14.5 in. barrel with the removable handle.  Hopefully, my last question(s) before the purchase is this.  From what I have read, the removable handle is alittle different than a fixed one, right?  If so, can you still mount a small scope on top of the handle if you wish to do so?  What is the difference between fixed and removable as in looks??
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#9]
We all know there is a search function.
View Quote
Actually, there wasn't for quite a while.  It came back about the time you signed up.  Obviously some people haven't noticed it's back--even some Staff members, as evidenced by [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=144881&w=searchPop]this thread[/url].
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That is what I would get, but they only offered the removable handle on the 14.5 in. barrel.
View Quote
I'd call them again and point out that the removable handle is listed as an option for that upper on the web site.  It isn't as obvious for that one as it is for the other one so maybe they missed it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is not true.  Bushmaster will build the rifle any way you want.

Easiest way to do it though is to order the lower from your dealer (you can order it fully assembled).  Then call Bushmaster and order the upper however you want it.

I did that and got an C7 (A1 type) upper, with the 14.5" M4 barrel and AK type brake.  You won't find it in their catalog - but you can call them up and order it that way.

The Flattop upper is a direct swap for the A2 upper (no cost difference) if you want the detachable carryhandle that costs extra.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That is not true.  Bushmaster will build the rifle any way you want.

Easiest way to do it though is to order the lower from your dealer (you can order it fully assembled).  Then call Bushmaster and order the upper however you want it.

I did that and got an C7 (A1 type) upper, with the 14.5" M4 barrel and AK type brake.  You won't find it in their catalog - but you can call them up and order it that way.

The Flattop upper is a direct swap for the A2 upper (no cost difference) if you want the detachable carryhandle that costs extra.
View Quote

Actually, I didn't get that info from bushmaster directly, I called a distributor we do business with.

However, after the responses, I did give BM a call.  They said they could not give me dealer pricing since our FFL is not on record with them.  I am in another predictament as always, should I wait on the FFL getting to them for their record or go ahead and buy from the distributor I called?  I would hate to wait only to find out that the price is higher...  

Howe
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 5:16:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Bushmaster does offer a 16" with a removable handle. There is one for sale at my local dealer. I have held it a couple of times. It has a full stock.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top