Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/9/2002 6:08:09 PM EDT
Hello ,
    I just bought a RRA upper  and lower from two different places .I'm just curious as to how much slop they normally have?The fit is really good compared to the M-16's i've used in the military but there is still the slightest bit of wobble between the upper and lower.I've heard people talk about how great the RRA normally fit but do they still have that little bit of wobble in them?
                              thanks
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 6:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Slight wobble is normal unless you've got tightening pins like are used on the space guns.  Check the wobble on other manufactureer's receivers - the RRAs are outstanding in their fit.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 4:28:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine is a hybrid Armalite lower, RRA upper and the fit is really tight.  However, what you have is a common problem that can be fixed with some retaining pin cushion things.  I forget the real name of tem but you can find them on any website that sells ar15 accessories.  They're only a couple bucks each.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Mine is a hybrid Armalite lower, RRA upper and the fit is really tight.  However, what you have is a common problem that can be fixed with some retaining pin cushion things.  I forget the real name of tem but you can find them on any website that sells ar15 accessories.  They're only a couple bucks each.
View Quote

Accu-wedge?

BTW, the slop shouldn't affect accuracy, other than annoying the pi$$ out of you!
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm almost afraid to bring this up..

When I bought my rifle it was based on the upper to lower fit on the rifles the store had.  16" bushmaster 20"bushmaster 20" RRA and 20" Colt.  All of the guns were the same price so I took the Colt.

Please no flames it was most likely luck on Colts part..
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 5:59:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an RRA lower assembled to an RRA upper, and an RRA lower assembled to a DPMS upper. Both are tight fits. I had to play with them to get the pins to push in.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top