Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/4/2002 5:11:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I just went through a major headache with an out of spec upper (the bbl actually).  It was a few bucks cheaper than the Colt or BM.  After all the grief, guessing, and headaches I went through, I just bit the bullet and bought a Colt upper assy.  It works just great.  Spend the required bux and buy quality parts.  You won't regret it.  The few bux you save by buying cheaper parts will bite you in the  tail in the long run.just my $.02  
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Big Bore!!!!

50AE, 440 Corbon, 458 SOCOM....

Link Posted: 12/4/2002 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell Yeah, SHIVAN!!
[size=4]BA-BOOOOOM!!!![/size=4]

Aimless, you've already got small, light, and fast - go for big, heavy, and slow (sort of)  this time around.  I prefer Alexander Arms and the .50 Beowulf myself.  They can be had for a little over $600 at [url]http://www.impactguns.com/store/alexander_arms.html[/url].

A 325 grain brick hurtling through the air at 1950 fps tends to get the target's attention mighty quick.....

If you really want to stick with .223:  I would suggest RRA, preferably bought from [url]www.sableco.net[/url].  They've got the best prices that I've ever found.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#4]
What color is the Cavalry Arms lower? ( just reciever, or with grip and stock?). If it's black/grey/green/tan would it be better to use this for the CAR upper, and then use the BM for a vmatch or maybe a DCM ? [:\] ( of whatever brand)
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 9:46:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hell Yeah, SHIVAN!!
[size=4]BA-BOOOOOM!!!![/size=4]

Aimless, you've already got small, light, and fast - go for big, heavy, and slow (sort of)  this time around.  I prefer Alexander Arms and the .50 Beowulf myself.  They can be had for a little over $600 at [url]http://www.impactguns.com/store/alexander_arms.html[/url].

A 325 grain brick hurtling through the air at 1950 fps tends to get the target's attention mighty quick.....

If you really want to stick with .223:  I would suggest RRA, preferably bought from [url]www.sableco.net[/url].  They've got the best prices that I've ever found.
View Quote

x2
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 4:45:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 5:51:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the Beowulf and love it but it is pricey to shoot but more commercial loads are coming available and I am seeing a price drop.
I will tell you I like the Varmiter Kit I got from Model 1. Very Accurate and reasonalby priced
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 6:36:30 AM EDT
[#8]
You may have to check with the boys over at Cav to see if their lowers can accept mag conversions, but I'd think about a 9mm.
Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:10:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I thought about a .50 Beowulf, but that really means finishing getting the rest of the stuff I need to reload and reloading (those things are  $ 1 a round for factory rounds I hear!).
View Quote

Go with a Tromix 50AE then.  Ammoman has 200 rounds for $149.  Or 500 for $325.

440 Corbon is $23.75 for 20 rounds.
50 Beowulf is $19.75 for 20 rounds.
458 SOCOM is $30.50 for 20 rounds.

Link Posted: 12/5/2002 7:23:34 AM EDT
[#10]
While were on the subject of price per round:the 458 socomb is going to hit the pocket hard at $30.50 for 20rnds +Sh/hndl Ouch!
Hey Shivan, you just added the cost of the Socomb, Now I feel stupid!
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 2:28:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I just recently purchased a DPMS upper through CMMG.  I am extremly pleased with both the upper and with the service CMMG provided.  I'm going to order an SBR upper as soon as I get my stamp back from the ATF and you can bet it will be a DPMS from CMMG.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 9:02:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Lightweight lower, therefore, LIGHTWEIGHT upper!

Probably a 16", M4 profile.

Check out JT distributing. They are well praised here, and they support AR15dotcom too!
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#13]
If you're looking for something in 5.56, J&T Distributing is an excellent choice. Fit and finish are top-rate, and the accuracy is fantastic. The trigger is pretty good for "factory".

Shameless picture of my current [url=http://ouray.cudenver.edu/~wwwu/carbine/1.jpg]setup[/url]  

This is top quality stuff.

I've got one of those Cav arms lowers coming in, too (if I can find an FFL quickly). I plan on using it with my upper as a beat around gun. Did you happen to order the lower parts packages? If so, did it include the buffer and spring?

G'luck
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#14]
50 BMG.... if ya got the balls... Actually, I just got an expedition upper for my rra lower, looks great... I'll have a range report soon.
Chris
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top