Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2002 5:26:29 PM EDT
I was looking between the bushmaster A2 and the A3.  What is the difference between the 2?  Just the upper assembly?
Which is better in your opinion?

I was leaning towards the A3 in 20 inch.....
Would like to mount a Bushnell 4-16X50 scope on it....
Is this possible on the A3?
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 6:18:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Hello Timmy,

The major difference between the A2 and the A3 is it's removable carry handle, and rear sight setting with 6/3, and not 8/3. The A3 has a rail top, and you can attach many scope, red dot, or other optics at your desired.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Timmy~

I got the Bushy A3, and would reccommend it.  Especially if you are going to opt for optics.  You can still put optics on your A2, but it'll be a little more uncomfortable, and a little more of a hassle.  I don't find that I use the carry handle much, anyway.  That's what a sling is for.

Best bet would be to buy one of each!
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I also would opt for the a3, a few extra bucks, but versatility.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Chiming in with "Get the A3". It's like buying a convertable car... you get the top too, but you can take it off as desired.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top