Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2002 4:27:45 PM EDT
I am new to AR-15's, in fact I have been avoiding this type of firearm completely for some years now. My passion is for turn bolt center fire rifles and equipment tuned to place several bullet holes into a penny without breaking the rim.  Lately I feel the need to obtain some type of AR-15 rifle and cannot give my desire for a sub MOA weapon.

Is the Les Baer AR-223 worth the extra money as compared with Bushmaster?
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 11:26:41 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO, no. A Les Baer 1911, yes.

Any of the "better" ARs (Colt, BM) should be capable of fine shooting **if** they have damn good ammo.

My Colt 6601 can **almost** do your penny trick with mil-surp ammo now.

You can always get a decent lower & then add some sort of super NM upper to it. I'd check the Camp Perry boys & see what they use, most importantly, see what wins!  
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally, I'd get a matched upper and lower if I could get all the preban features. Maybe after '04?
I'd only do this if I planned on building from the ground up. I wouldn't buy an already built Les Baer ar-15. I'd pick up their bolt and carrier while I was at it. Their parts aren't really that much more then other manufacturers.
Put whatever barrel you want in the rig. Decide on what fire control system you want. Pop on whatever stock. Pick your rails, mount your optics.
If you did get a rDIAS, you could essentially make a preban styled Les Baer M-16! [}:D]
You'd die with a permanantly etched shit eating grin on your face!
Send the monster to Bearcoat to get finished just like Les Baer.
-Steve
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 12:04:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
. . .My Colt 6601 can **almost** do your penny trick with mil-surp ammo now. . .
View Quote

That's incredible performance for military surplus ammo.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 1:45:31 AM EDT
[#4]
BobCole,
Glad to hear about the accuracy of the 6601.
I'm picking up that same model very soon, maybe tomarrow. It's practically brand new and cost me 1200.
It's gotta be that Match h-bar...
Good shootin'
-Steve
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 10:37:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's incredible performance for military surplus ammo.
View Quote

"Almost" being the operative word there.  >gg<
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:37:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
BobCole,
Glad to hear about the accuracy of the 6601.
I'm picking up that same model very soon, maybe tomarrow. It's practically brand new and cost me 1200.
It's gotta be that Match h-bar...
Good shootin'
-Steve
View Quote

That's too much for a 6601 ...going rate is $850-$900.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top