Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2002 12:01:21 AM EDT
Ok, Here are the two contenders for my first AR15.  It's going to be used as a recreational/target plinker at my local outdoor range (which I have yet to go to, but I'm told its got targets up to 200 yards at 50 yard increments). Which would be the most advisable post ban to get?

Bushmaster XM15 M4 A3

Bushmaster XM15 20" A3 no brake
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 5:34:34 AM EDT
[#1]
You can't go wrong with either.  I've got a post ban Bushy M4 in A2, and it's been a great gun.  You don't really need a brake on an AR, there is not really that much recoil.  I've found that it really annoys the people on either side of you though.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got the XM15 A3 20" as my first AR.  Looking forward to some range time with it...
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I chose the Colt 20" Match Target Comp HBar, flat top, added a scope, its a great plinker and has been very reliable.

But hey I am in Connecticut so I am biased to Colt I think.
Link Posted: 11/18/2002 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I say go with the 20" AR.  This way you can properly learn how to work the sights.  After that, it's all down hill.  All you'll need is a new upper for a Carbine.  Then of course having two uppers and one lower you'll eventually want a new lower, that makes 2 rifles.  Then of course down the line you'll come into some extra cash and decide to start a "tricked out" rifle project....Gotta love AR's
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top