Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/10/2002 5:04:25 AM EDT
Should a "function check" work with the Jewell trigger installed?

When I hold the trigger back while pulling back and releasing the bolt; the bolt hangs up and won't go forward. I think the hammer catches on the firing pin. Problem is, this happens when I'm firing too. If I consentrate on yanking my finger way from the trigger as the gun fires, I can get it to cycle a second round. But if I use any sort of proper follow through the bolt hangs up.

I've got everything adjust as per the Jewell instuctions too.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds broke to me.

I'd guess the problem is with the disconnector.  I'm not familiar with the Jewell trigger, but if you simulate the cycling with the upper off, you should be able to see the hammer catch on the disconnector as it goes back and then drop to the sear when you release the trigger.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I have had that happen with one as well.  The carrier does not push the hammer down far enough for the disconector to grab it.  I found that some carriers will push the hammer back just enough, and others will not. The hammer needs about .010" more material on the face and it should work fine.  Weld it up and remachine it, or send it back.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have had that happen with one as well.  The carrier does not push the hammer down far enough for the disconector to grab it.  I found that some carriers will push the hammer back just enough, and others will not. The hammer needs about .010" more material on the face and it should work fine.  Weld it up and remachine it, or send it back.

I sent it back.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top