Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2002 11:54:08 AM EDT
Help me out guys, thought I knew what I wanted but the more I think about am not sure. On a RRA Entry Tactical m4 I was wanting one with the a2 stock .  Originally I wanted the a2 handle vrs the tactical mount, both have the a2 sight.  But am not sure now on what I want.  Is the handle better , do you really use it that much, is the option to use the tactical mount so that I can have backup sights when used with some sort of optics a  better way to go.  I do plan on putting some sort of optics on this ar. in the future.   thanks again  

Link Posted: 11/7/2002 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#1]
A flattop is welll woeth it.  It is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.  You can always just keep the carry handle on if you are not using the flattop.  Rock River also has the A2 style detachable handle with sights so that gives you two choices as far as detachable carry handles go.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I went with the standard A2 Carry Handle for my flattop Cav-15.  I definitely plan on putting optics on in the future, but am not in any great rush.  I really liked the RRA Tactical Carry Handle, but couldn't justify the extra $80-$100 for it over a $70 Bushmaster A2 Carry Handle from CDNN.

If you're actually buying a complete RRA rifle or upper, it's probably worth it to get the Tactical.  Otherwise, I'd get the A2.  You definitely want the flattop receiver though.

Have fun!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top