Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2002 8:15:50 AM EDT
New to the board but old to the AR`s.Has anyone played with the Ackley in AR`s? I just finished reaming a Oly sum to this, seems to cycle and work through the mags ok.Next step is to work up some loads to put on paper.Any thoughts on this project.
Thanks OldFarmer
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 3:02:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I WAS WONDERING HOW THE ACKLEY WOULD FEED AND CYCLE. I AM GLAD TO SEE SOMEONE HAS DONE IT. I HAVE 2-243 ACKLEY VARMINT RIFLES. AS FOR THE 223 ACKLEY THE CASE CAPACITY IS 10% MORE 2 TO 3 GRAINS. AND ENHANCES VELOCITY BY ABOUT 200 FPS USE YOUR NORMAL POWDERS AND NORMAL LOADS AND WORK UP VERY SLOW. I HAVE RUINED A LOT OF PRIMER POCKETS ON MY 243 ACKLEY BRASS WORKING UP LOADS TO FAST. I AM EXCITED TO HEAR HOW IT SHOOTS. IF YOU CAN GET 150 TO 200 FPS OUT OF THE 69 THREW 80 BULLETS THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING. LET ME KNOW HOW SHE WORKS OUT. I WANT TO TRY IT MYSELF. GOOD LUCK
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#2]
A friend has/had a DPMS SS .92" bull barrel that was improperly headspaced - (gunsmith fault, not DPMS) - to salvage it they dumped it out to .223 Ack Imp.

Firing std .223 55gr FMJBT to fireform cases he was getting 3/8" groups.

After loading the fireformed cases groups dropped to about .22" (shot at an indoor range.)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top