Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/4/2002 4:17:34 PM EDT
I finally received the new RRA upper I have been waiting on for over 2 months.  It is an A2 with stainless barrel.  When I assembled the upper to the lower I noticed that the handguards are loose, allowing some movement.  This being my first AR, I don't know if this is normal or not, but seems a little strange to me.  Can anyone fill me in on this?
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 2:34:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had several Ar's over the years and have purchased 3-4 sets of the cheap ($15.00) handguards for them.  To date I have yet to get a set that I felt fit properly.  Most of the ones I have tried appear to be too thick in the section that fits under the Delta Ring thus they will not allow the ring to come forward to form a smooth, tight, nice appearing fit. I have even tried to thin the handguards in this area, but still the fit is poor. I have three uppers an Armalite, M&A and DPMS and it's the same story with all three of them.

If you find a solution for this please post it.

I have been toying with the idea of getting a set of M4 handguards for my pre-ban flattop, but I really don't want to spend the money for them unless they fit better than the one's I've tried in the past.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top