Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2002 8:35:24 PM EDT
I posted this to the General Discussion forum, but it was flushed to page 2 within a matter of minutes from all the traffic in there.  Please take a look.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=151613

--Mike
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 8:02:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Mike, I replied over in the other thread.  Let me know if there's anything I can help with.
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I think that this sounds like a really good idea.  Another thing that you might want to consider is getting some of the news stories and news paper articles that the media puts out that are obviously biased or just plain incorrect and put them in a "what's wrong with this article (or news story, etc.)?" kind of section where you can print it or download it, make the corrections, and send it back to the place that put out the misinformation in the first place.  This would flood the place with e-mails, etc.  If networks and papers start getting tons of this stuff they will eventually ease off of the gun control crap (like the Dems are doing now) and try to get their facts right.  I haven't seen too many gun control polls lately at any of the TV and magazine sites - and I beleive it is largely becuse almost every gun board on the net gets wind of it and chimes in.  If we could get a site that is more pro-active in dealing with the media I think that it would make a huge difference.  Keep at it - every little bit helps.  I'd definitely be willing to contribute to your effort.    
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think that this sounds like a really good idea.  Another thing that you might want to consider is getting some of the news stories and news paper articles that the media puts out that are obviously biased or just plain incorrect and put them in a "what's wrong with this article (or news story, etc.)?"

That's a great idea!

--Mike
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top