Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2002 3:52:19 PM EDT
For anyone who is going to be in the market for a AR-15 any time soon, I suggest you go with Bushmaster. Just a guess, but in light of recent circumstances I'm betting they have a law suit comming and they will need our help.

This was a responce I wrote to a an article written on CNN.com about the weapon used in the sniper shootings.
(click on "weapon" under the sniper article):

I am really against the way the Bushmaster rifle is portrayed to be part of the problem in the sniper case. I am quite experienced with many different kinds of guns, and I know for a fact that any hunting rifle bought at Walmart could have done more damage than what was done with the Bushmaster rifle. But in your articles its made to look as though the “evil assault rifle” is to blame. Are you trying to fuel anti-gun laws? If so, congratulations because I’m sure it’ll work. This is 100% media fueling the problem. Everybody knows what a gun is. Can you tell me if it were a 30.06 hunting rifle the shootings were done with, that all this emphasis would have been put on the gun itself? I don’t believe it would have been. I don’t know why the sniper used the particular rifle he did. My guess is because he has used it before in the military, but this is not a rifle known to be a sniper weapon. It is referred to as a  “cheap gun” in your article. Well if I were to go to Walmart, for about $200.00 less I could buy a higher powered rifle with a scope that would have done much more damage. If you can think of any other justification for your article please e-mail me. Otherwise I suggest educating your selves a little more before you go writing articles out of ignorance.

Link Posted: 10/28/2002 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]
very nice letter, but I would have added a question on why they are insinuating to the ignorant public that bushmaster is the only company that makes AR-15 clones. There is like a dozen more companies that do.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#2]
i bet you get a prompt email back from them stating they are wrong.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 4:37:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster makes very good quality guns. That's reason enough to get one. I would guess that Bushmaster could easily win a lawsuit anyway just for the reason you mentioned. The type of rifle and the manufacturer of the rifle has little effect on it being lethal. Just about any rifle could have been used in these crimes. The NRA and gun owners need to focus more on educating people about how many decent gunowners there are compared to the very few that make it on the news.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top