Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2002 10:12:42 AM EDT
Dear, Ar-15 owners
I live in the Northern VA area only 10miles from the NRA range in Fairfax VA. Me and a friend that is sell a Les Baer AR went up to the range were they have a board for posting weapons for sale my friend goes to post the ad with a pic on it and the range officer said "You can't post that here,it will be taken down" My friend and I thinking that it's a joke started to laugh. Well both our stomach turn as he explained that the "Big Boss Up Stairs" pull all the AR add down the other week.
 THIS IT THE NRA THAT IS SUPPOSED TO PROTECTING  OUR GUN RIGHTS IS SPINELESS AND FALLING TO POLITCAIL PRESSURE. THE BLACK RIFLE IS EVIL, WHATS NEXT HANDGUNS, SHOTGUNS, AIRRIFLES??
I JUST WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW THAT THIS HAPPENED.
GOD HELP US IF THESE ARE THE GUY THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT US FROM THE ATF AND THE GOVERNMENT THEY'LL BE SELLING US DOWN THE RIVER!!
CHRIS

Link Posted: 10/28/2002 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Please, please use a spell-checking program when posting on this site.

I reel over backwards when I see good posts written with poor grammar and atrocious spelling.

I can only IMAGINE how the antis view this type of post.

It seems that the owner of the range were at should have his business FAIL. Please let everyone here know exactly where this range is located so we can give 'em hell.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#2]
What did you expect? The NRA and the majority of its members have no problem at all with selling
you out to protect themselves. The "lesser of 2 evils".
Sell all your AWs now and buy lever actions and bolt guns, that's all they care about.

Edit: Added smile - don't want to "offend".
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 10:41:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I could have told you that a long time ago.

Four years back the NRA sold out the AR collectors of California in order to save cowboy action shooters.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I reel over backwards when I see good posts written with poor grammar and atrocious spelling.

It seems that the owner of the range were at should have his business FAIL. Please let everyone here know exactly where this range is located so we can give 'em hell.

People who live in glass houses should not hurl stones...
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

He is talking about the range at the NRA HQ in Virginia.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Just cause you got an AR you think your special? Get over it. The NRA gave up the machine gunners back in 86. I didnt hear any of you bitching about that then. You'll get no sympathy from me. Should have paid attention then, you'd have seen this all coming. Its just a matter of time. You better get what you want NOW, cause things are all about to change. Your favorite hunting rifle, the one with the scope, is next. I give my money to the JPFO, screw the NRA.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I just spoke w/ Fairfax, Va Range manager on the phone and HE DENIED THAT THIS HAPPENED OR THAT THEY ARE DOING THIS!! There are more than 3 Ads for AR-15's for sale on that board according to him, right now.

Don't know who you are, or why you posted this but the manager there states that you are completely wrong w/ your statement and I for one wanted others to know.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you for your diligent foot work Mr. Wilson.  I was just going to look up the number myself.

No need to feed the trolls.  Keep moving, nothing to see here.

Ryan
NRA Life Member
USPSA Member
AR15.com Member
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Mr._Wilson;
  I think you have re-discovered the age-old anti ploy: divide and conquer.  Works almost every time, unfortunately.  Sometimes, we are our own worst enemies.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Fella's
The only other thing that has mad me as sick as the event at he NRA today was reading my own post:( LOL
I'm not the most eloquent writer in the best times but I was rather upset and in a rush to go to work. I just couldn't believe that they were so spineless and PC when it comes to gun rights, and really supporting gun owners.
I guess were really on our own when it come to keeping our guns?
thanks,
chris
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Just because someone "sounds" pro 2nd, it doesn't mean they are.  I've been on the 1911 forum for about 8 months and you would not believe the number of anti's that come onto that board and try to stir up some stuff.  Validate, validate, validate!
mr_wilson, thanks for taking the time to check for us.  We appreciate it!
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I've always wanted to use this...just never had a reason until now.

chrisva--

Please learn how to spell.  You gave me a headache.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Deer Crhis in Vergenia,

Plees lern fer sppell.

Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Me an a fren hoo was gunna join nar jus red yer pos.
Not gunna doo it noe. Wer thinks yoo are rite. nar is badd!
Whut yoo want fer yer las bear ar. ifn yoo goty a cheep prize i mite by it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Just cause you got an AR you think your special?

yes

Get over it. The NRA gave up the machine gunners back in 86. I didnt hear any of you bitching about that then. You'll get no sympathy from me.

you were a member of ar15.com in 1986?

Should have paid attention then, you'd have seen this all coming. Its just a matter of time. You better get what you want NOW, cause things are all about to change. Your favorite hunting rifle, the one with the scope, is next. I give my money to the JPFO, screw the NRA.

Its not all hopeless, there are things we can do, most importantly, VOTE for pro gun canidates in 2 weeks!
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

LOL!!!!!!!!!

BWAHAHA!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The NRA gave up the machine gunners back in 86. I didnt hear any of you bitching about that then. You'll get no sympathy from me. Should have paid attention then, you'd have seen this all coming.

I wasnt old enough to own a gun in '86.  My bad.

However, I was walking to school

barefoot

in the snow

up-hill

both ways

and I was GRATEFUL!
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 2:28:07 AM EDT
[#19]
In 1986 Reagan signed the bill that banned the further manufacture of machine guns for us lowly civilians. Where was your precious NRA? They barely let us know it was coming. As you can see, they have fought hard to have this repealed. Maybe if they would take all the money you send them and BUY the votes needed, instead of giving themselves nice fancy offices and big salarys, we'd get somewhere. Look at it this way, if they stood up for us machine gunners, you boys might have "real" M16's and M4's at reasonable prices instead of your wannabe look alikes. Then again, why should I bitch, I paid $800 for my MP5 in 86, its worth over $8000 now, mmmm, never mind, YOU GO NRA!
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 2:37:15 AM EDT
[#20]
TROLL BUST!!!

You are sooo busted dood.

Do you think this guy is from DU.com on an op...
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 2:40:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

2 things:

One: Typos happen - me, I can't type worth a dang so expect them in my threads as well. The spell check doesn't work from where I post and I'm sure I can't be the only one. You can usually tell a typo from a poorly spelled word. I do wish he has better punctuation and sentence structure though - oh well.

Two: As others have stated, HE CLAIMS HE WAS AT THE NRA RANGE! Did you let the typos interrupt your reading comprehension that much?

Adam
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 3:53:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Durn iunderstud dis good.Must b Me.
Wer OK now!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top