Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2002 12:53:35 PM EDT
Anyone shooting 5.56 SA (or any other 5.56) in their CAV-15? I've read CAV's disclaimer, but know someone must've tried it(?)

Hate to buy different ammo for one rifle...
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm...now I know I just read somewhere that Cavalry Arms uses Model-1 uppers on their CAV-15 rifles which are chambered for .223.

I know the group buy going on over at full-auto.com specifically mentions .223.

I have also recently inquired about using SA ammon in a CAV-15 over in the CavArms forum and received the warranty information specifically prohibiting SA and Wolf ammo due to 5.56 vs .223 functionality issues.

Link Posted: 10/29/2002 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Virtually all CAV-15s use DPMS uppers, though some custom configurations may used parts from other sources, as circumstances dictate.

-Troy
Certified Cav Arms Armorer

Thanks for the info Troy... DPMS uppers aren't marked are they?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top