Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2002 7:37:23 PM EDT
Hello All,

I have a preban bushy M4 clone w/a dark purple lower reciever. I want to have the upper/lower professionally refinshed so they match. Where is the best place to have an AR refinshed and also which finish do you guys prefer. I have seen some very nice looking m4's in the Equipment Exchange with Norrell's SOCOM finish. Alright, lets hear some opinions.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I used Lauer to refinish my upper to match my lower. They did a super job at a good price. I would post a pic for you to see the work but I havent figured out how to yet.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 9:44:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster uses a plating company in Florida whose name I forget.  But I sent them a lower receiver to be redone and they did an EXCELLENT job, and they got it back to me in eight days (including the day I sent it).  The cost was $80.00--cheap!

Call up Bushmaster and ask them who to get in touch with.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 8:43:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is a pic of the job Lauer did. It was $75.00 and it was less than a week on the turnaround.
Brian
http://members.aol.com/chawkpilot/lauer.jpg
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#4]
chawkpilot,

Is that the duracoat finish from Lauer? It looks a little lighter than my Bushy M4 upper. Is it the old Colt grey color?

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:53:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Hello,  
  Yes its the Duracoat finish. I had the upper refinished in the old Colt Sporter grey to match the lower. I know its hard to tell from the pic but the color is a perfect match as well as the sheen and texture of the finish. Looks factory when you are holding it. If you would like more pics just email me and I will send them to you.
Best Regards,
Brian
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Brian,

I'll give them a call on Monday and see if they can match my lower to my new Bushy upper.

Sweet rifle in the pic!

Link Posted: 10/27/2002 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I would recommend considering the folks at Rocky Mountain Arms. They finish all the Les Baer and offer terrific service. They do the M4 flat black and offer desert camo if that is of interest. www.bearcoat.com is the website. They got a great write up in the new issue of The American Rifleman by Wiley Clapp reviewing 4 Les Baer Pistols.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top