Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/22/2002 6:48:07 PM EDT
I have been watching the Colt 6721 on Gunbroker skyrocket in price. Just wondering if its even legal to own unless you are LE or an FFL. Appears to be a postban serial number just not marked LEO. Im a newbie so I was hoping someone could clear it up for me.
Thanks,
JB
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#1]
www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=5832682

Good question.  It does not meet preban criteria by serial number, but it is an AR-15 as listed in Appendix A. www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/legal/semi.htm

Does this mean this rifle was manufactured on 10/1/93?
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:26:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Definately Post-Ban LEO Restricted.

www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=5832682

$2248.00 ??

I think someone is going to be in for a big surprise!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a first class ticket to Club Fed.
The seller is not rated.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 1:00:58 AM EDT
[#4]
There were only "134", pre-ban, civilian R6721's made. This one isn't even close. Either this guys just made a huge mistake (as well as those bidding on this), or he's up to no good. His FFL buddy should know better. It doesn't matter if it's marked "LE" or not. The ATF can read a serial number list. Still, it's a reasonable price...if it had been one of the true "134". An LE guy can get one of these for about $950 NIB.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 1:09:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone tried emailing him and informing him of the mistake or getting in touch with the administrator of the site and letting them know?  I would hate for some unsuspecting newbie to get caught with this and get in trouble.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 4:22:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Serial number for preban is:

BD000134 and Below - Pre-Ban (AR-15A3 Tactical Carbine - very rare model)

Only 134 made and that one is not within the pre ban range as many have already stated here.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 5:09:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Unless the text has been edited it clearly states that it is for sale to dealers and law enforcement only. It also mentions that it is one of the few that left without the LE markings making it rare.  It could be confusing, I tried to email the high bidder but thier system will not allow that anymore. I hope the seller has enough pride to do what is right.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 7:39:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Unless the text has been edited it clearly states that it is for sale to dealers and law enforcement only. It also mentions that it is one of the few that left without the LE markings making it rare.  It could be confusing, I tried to email the high bidder but thier system will not allow that anymore. I hope the seller has enough pride to do what is right.

It was edited this morning to indicate that the buyer must have an FFL or be Law enforcement to purchase.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#9]
The high-bidder replied my email.

Thanks
 These jokers should read the add closely.

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The high-bidder replied my email.

Thanks
 These jokers should read the add closely.

If the ad was so clear and explicit, why did the seller add the following:

Information added 10/23/2002 7:37:48 AM:
Must have an FFL or be Law enforcement to purchase

We are not trying to be jokers.  We just try to look out for others.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't know. Could you guys tell me why that gun is worth that much to that fellow?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top