Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2002 10:59:22 AM EDT
I just acquired an A3 handle, and I noticed when I set it to mechanical zero, the top rear part of the handle (the seperate part that contains the actual sight and knobs)is twisted to the left a bit, not more than a couple millimeters or so. I can straighten it, but it is apparently spring loaded, and always returns to the left. Is this common, and is it going to affect on my already dismal aim?

Jake
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes it's common and no it won't affect your {I'm sure More than adequate} aim
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Appreciate it!
Link Posted: 10/20/2002 10:41:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine was twisted one way too but I fixed it.

I put an ACOG on it.

HE HE HE
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 3:05:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Are the A3 handle sight as accurate as the A2 sites? ...is there a need to re-zero when you remove and replace them?

Thanks,
Frank
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 7:21:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh yeah, one more question.  Is an A3 upper with the A2 carry handle / sight CMP legal?
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#6]
For your last two questions -
The removable handles (A3) have A2 sights on them, so yes they are exactly as accurate. Mine returns to zero every time after removing the handle.

For CMP use, some smaller matches might let you use a handle equipped A3, but any larger match will require a permanent handle ala A2. At the BRC highpower match last June, they were allowing A3's, as does the dinky little local monthly match where I live. Anything with more than a few shooters will likely require A2.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top