Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/15/2002 3:46:10 PM EDT
Me and 2 other guys are about to order 3 kits from J&T this Friday. We are all ordering the same type of kits and putting them on the same type of lowers. Olympic stripped lowers and the 20" standard kits for all of us( the ones for $434.95. I heard alot of good things about J&T, the service and product, which means alot. I also called them and asked alot of questions. The only thing that I heard that didn't sit too well was the fact that the barrel wasn't chrome-lined. How much differernce does this make? Will I have a good quality rifle when I am finished? Don't get me wrong, I know I'm not spending "Les-Baer type money here, but I was just wondering if someone more experinced than me( I am a 1st-year Bushy owner) can give me some insight as to what kind of rifle I will end up with and what differences I can expect compared to my Bushy.In other words, will it be top quality?
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't say much about the J&T kits, as I don't have experience with them. A barrel with a chrome-lined bore lasts about twice as long as a barrel without the chrome lining.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#2]
My J&T upper is the most reliable upper I have ever owned; better in that regard than any of my Bushmasters.

I'd say the quality of the Bushmaster components is a tiny bit better, but certainly not $200 better.  J&T kits even have Colt fire control parts.  J&T seems like they are a little better than Bushmaster at actually putting the upper together, just judging from the number of gripes.

The Bushmaster will have a mil-spec mag phosphate finish on the barrle.  J&T's finish is jet black and matches the upper great.

The fire control parts are of equal quality.  

The other lower parts of the Bushmaster are finished a little better (blacker), and the springs seem to be of a slightly better quality.

I doubt there will be any difference in accuracy between the kits.  The Bushmaster shoudl theoretically be more reliable, but like I said my J&T kit was 100% reliable.

While the chrome lined barrel will last longer, the non chrome lined barrel will still last a very, very long time.  More than most guys will shoot in a couple lifetimes.  If you do wear your barrel out, they are easy to replace.

Get the flat top!
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll add some spices to the mix:

This past week I got my 16" A2 from J&T. I was not sure about the FN Quality or the Service from this company, but I am glad to report that the quality of both is outstanding!!!, side by side I can't see any difference between my other RRA and this FN kit.

As far as the chrome-lined situation, do not woory, as the chrome-lined barrel will last longer than the NON, but it won't be as accurate as the standard chromoly (spell?), so you have to choose here: durability and longer life or accuracy, you will not notice either any way.  By the way non of my ARs is chrome-lined.

Go with J&T they will treat you well.

BR
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered a 20" J&T Expedition and put it on a RRA lower. Everything went together nicely, fit and finish is exceptional. I took it to the range last week and it shot flawlessly. I think you'll be happy with your J&T kit, I know I am.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#5]

j&t will treat you right.

if you are missing a part or need some assistance with your kit, they will help you out however they can. they even have a forum here at AR15.com that is monitored regularly.

the fact that they sell quality equipment is also a plus.  my kit was flawless.

-Spaceman

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top