Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2002 1:32:49 AM EDT
I have heard a couple of people complain about ASA and absolutely no supporters for them.  What are some specific problems with them?  Anyone have a good experience with ASA?
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 7:06:54 AM EDT
[#1]
How well can you catch a rifle if it is tossed at you?
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Tossed at me?  What are you saying.  i don't understand.  Do you mean the ASA AR's are only as good as a stick?
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#3]
ASA's rifles are probably as good as any other manufacturer who has problems with consistency. Some seem to run ok, others have big problems. If you happen to get one with a big problem, you're going to run into big problems getting ASA to help. Their owner, Bob, has at least on one occasion, taken a rifle that was brought into his shop for service, and tossed it back at the owner. Apparently when ASA's guns dont work right, its everyone else fault but theirs. It's a nightmare to want to deal with them and most folks dont even bother. Way too many other manufacturers out their willing to help.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Understood, probably not worth the trouble.  Thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I purchased some stripped AR15 lowers from them a year or so ago. Very nice machining; care was taken to make them nice. I assembled them with unknown mfg. lower parts kits, unknown uppers, and Bushmaster barrels and bolts/carriers. Never had a problem.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 3:01:43 PM EDT
[#6]
The owner of the place Bob is the biggest a$$hole you will ever meet. They are being sued by Armalite for patent infringement and there is a rumor that Armalite will be taking over their assets. Their lowers were manufactured my Lewis Machine but Lewis sued them and won for nonpayment. Harris their custom barrel manufacturer is suing them for nonpayment. They don't seem able to keep employees over a few months and are constantly running ads for a gunsmith..........Need anymore reasons......Yeah, they burned me too.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top