Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2002 6:04:50 PM EDT
Does anyone here have an exotic/unusual AR15 finish?  I've been debating a refinish of an A2 to either a tigerstripe camo or armalite green.  I'm open to any other suggestions as I'd like to make a unusual but tasteful rifle.  I'm also curious can the furniture be coated effectively too or does it rub off to easily?  
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#1]
ive been told on many occasions that some rifle team in arizona colors their rifles purple.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 7:50:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The furniture can be done with the same finish as the metal. The hand guards and buttstock can both withstand 300 deg heat.

I do a good finish on rifles. It is tough as nails and guarenteed. I am now starting to do a very nice airbrushed cammo.

email me at [email protected]
For more info.
Celt
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually the team in Arizona uses Cav Arms Purple lowers and furniture.
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#4]
It's "guarenteed"!  LMAO!
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 11:40:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#6]
What is funny about a high tech finish having a guarantee?
The finish IS guaranteed not to chip or peel. Also coated parts are guaranteed not to corrode in any way shape or form.
If it peels, chips or rubs off with normal use, it will be re coated for life. Period.

You will find most places that do a serious high tech coating to have a simular one.

Perhaps you should look around and find some more information before posting hee haws

Celt

Link Posted: 10/13/2002 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I think he was being a spelling nazi.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top