Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2002 2:02:33 PM EDT
How do I remove the sling swivel from under the front sight?  I just started using a single point sling and the front swivel clacks around.  Do i need a tool to do this?  I don't want to force the swivel off the assembly.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Use a slightly oversize drill bit and drill the flared side of the pivot rivet down until you can drive it througth the front site base with a punch.  

If you want to put the swivel back on later use a split pin; that way you can remove and replace it at will.

What sling mount did you get?  I use the Deiter CQB that goes between the receiver and stock.  I really like the single point mount, it keeps the sling behind all of the controls and magwell.  Have you ever inserted a mag into the well with the sling getting pushed in ahead of it?

Mario
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 4:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I got the GG&G single point sling attachemnt that goes between the stock and receiver along with the Wilderness Single-point sling.  I had considered using the tactical tailor single-point that does not require a sling attachment.  It attaches directly to the stock using special straps.  I may still try that on my other AR without the end plate sling attachment.  I also saw one that uses a special rear receiver pin attachment to attach a specially made quick detach sling.  I am trying a couple different methods on a couple of different AR's to see which one works best.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Use a hammer and a punch to drive out the pin/rivet.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I have only seen pics of the Tactical Tailer sling setup, it's a good idea but it looks like it can shift around a bit.  I've never seen the modified receiver push pin type.

The Deiter sling mount is very similar to the GG&G type.

I just ordered three single point mounts for my shotguns from GG&G, I'm looking forward to getting them set up with the system.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I am going to try a tac tailor sling on my AR that does not have the single point attachment.  I'll let you know how it works.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top